New Rabbit shoot permision

Cosd

I was talking to my Cousin who works as an aircraft engineer on a local air strip and he was telling me that the grass area's are riddled with rabbits. I asked him to ask if we can get permision to do some cleaning up of the pest problem there as he also has a SGC but doesn't have a shhot.

He asked this morning and they said YES :rolleyes: Whenever we want.

The question is, I love shottie shooting, is it possible to use the shottie on rabbits or will we be wasting our time?

My cousin has an air rfle but I don't, if I was to buy one what would you recomend without me paying the earth for one. I don't really want to get into a whole new world where I need to start buying kit from scratch again if I can avoid it.

What should I expect to pay for a gun that would also be allowed for use under my SGC.

If you are simply incinerating the rabbits and not prepearing to eat or feed to ferrets then shotting will be fine as it can make a bit of a mess, especially if youre not too confident with paunching.

"paunching" :rolleyes:??

If you go with the air rifle route I'd recomend a springer, as the charging gear for a PCP can really push up your budget. You'll want a reasonable scope on it, which start around £50. The gun itself I'd go for one of the respected manufacturers. The Air Arms TX200 and Weihrauch HW97 are both stunningly good, though on the heavy side - around £300 new . BSA's Lightning is a lighter (and cheaper) alternative - around £200.If your prepared to go secondhand you could get a decent complete set up for your £2-300.

You can shoot bunnies with your 12g. It will give you about the same range as an air rifle with 30g of #6 and half choke. You may make a mess of them though, and you'll not get many shots off before they stay home for the night! Air rifles are really good if you don't want the trouble of an FAC but need to be a bit quiet, and there are very few limitations regarding where you shoot. A HMR would be a good step up, but you're looking at £400 for a basic setup. I've got a lightning XL air rifle and it's pretty good, although I've considered selling it if you're interested (PM me)? Now I have an open FAC and ferreting contacts I don't really need it, but it's as good as it gets for the money. If you want an air rifle but don't want mine, give the lighning some serious thought from another source. It really is a good little rifle :rolleyes:

You can shoot bunnies with your 12g. It will give you about the same range as an air rifle with 30g of #6 and half choke. You may make a mess of them though, and you'll not get many shots off before they stay home for the night! Air rifles are really good if you don't want the trouble of an FAC but need to be a bit quiet, and there are very few limitations regarding where you shoot. A HMR would be a good step up, but you're looking at £400 for a basic setup. I've got a lightning XL air rifle and it's pretty good, although I've considered selling it if you're interested (PM me)? Now I have an open FAC and ferreting contacts I don't really need it, but it's as good as it gets for the money. If you want an air rifle but don't want mine, give the lighning some serious thought from another source. It really is a good little rifle :rolleyes:

you have pm

If you are simply incinerating the rabbits and not prepearing to eat or feed to ferrets then shotting will be fine as it can make a bit of a mess, especially if youre not too confident with paunching.

"paunching" :lol:??

Another word for gutting.

:rolleyes::yes: