days carp fishing

SPARKIE

today went carpin at longford got there at 7am and my uncle arrived about 10 past 7...picked a peg that was big enough for us to share as he has just started carpin and this was his first attempt so we chose a lake that is fairly easy but there is some 30lb fish in there.the day went steady and we was constantly catching but the water is very snaggy and i lost 14 fish but i ended up with 23 carp and a few tench the carp were mainly around the 5-6lb mark but i had 1 at 9lb 1 fish at 14lb 20z and 1 at 16lb 7oz was a really good day and my uncle who has never fished for carp landed 23 carp his biggest being 9lb .there was only us two on the lake and we fished both sides of the island with doulbe tuti frutti pop up and pva bagged pellets anyhow heres a few pics...

13052008151.jpg

i usually pike in winter and match fishthrough summer but i have been known to do a bit of carpin.may as well i have all the geari usually fish a big lake with 30lb fish. as it was my uncles first time i wanted him to get the feel for it first. so we decided to go to longford we both have never fished there before....ill meet ya some time dougy and track them barbel down on the dove and ill get ya on the pike at melbourne pool and the derwent/trent