Rifle Shoot With Bob300w

Markio

As he had so generously offered, i met up with Bob today to shoot a few of his rifles at some targets. Turns out he lives 5 minutes walk from where i work so that lunch times sorted then! :good: :good:

Tried out a .223, .243 & .308, oh yeah and a .38 short stubbie repeater thingy which was a lot of fun.

Anyway, i once shot an air rifle 15 years ago, so under Bob's watchful eye i had a crack at what he had to offer. I appreciate my results aren't particularly outstanding (and worse!) but it was a great experience and it made me realise how tricky it was. Without firing a shot i also offered the gun to the target without any bench etc, it's all i could do to hold the scope within the 2' board the target was mounted on. On to cap it all i had purposely not had a **** for 2 days in preparation... maybe that was the problem....

As far as targets went I have to say that i loved that .223, no recoil and could just go all day with that. Great fun. Cheers again to bob for a great day and hospitality. You are a true gent, having met you i just didn't believe it before :good::blush:

Anyway, for your amusement here are my results, offered up against the biggest 10 pence piece i could find (the old type :good:). As you can see, it all came together once i got hold of the .308. :good:

RifleTarget19thMay2008WithCaptionsL.jpg

Bob is a top bloke and I must thank him for his hospitality on saturday as well.

Sorry about the hole in your backstop though Bob. You must have been busy reloading as I used all his .38 special on saturday.

I am off out hooking shortly and if any Sammy Skate are caught then I'll ring you.

Cheers

Martin