Itchy Ears

My Cocker keeps itching his ears and shaking his head. About 3-6 times a day. I've looked in his ears and cant see anything (no sores red spot ect). He gets his ears cleaned once a week. The wax is dark brown and has always been so and there's not much there when they get wiped. Any clues welcome. P.S. checked out the net and does'nt realy fit what I've found.

Regards Ben

hi ben, it sounds like ear mite to me which can be quite common in spaniels ,could i suggest a product could THORN IT which is openly sold on the internet (try ebay) ,i have been using it for years and never had any problems since, it will save you them costly visits to the vet

kenny :good:

Your dog has ear mites,take it to the vets and they will give you some canural or something similar(ear drops)and it will go away pretty quick.If you leave the dog it may become infected and turn out nasty.It is a common ailment for spaniels.

I use and recomend Thornit aswell for ear mites...which by the sounds of it your dog has. Mites are usually indicated by smelly ear wax that will be brown in color and anything from a light paste to tar in consistancy. The Darker the smellier.

Thornit is available from:

Champion Pet Supplies

8, Horeston Grange Shopping Centre

Nuneaton Warwickshire

CV11 6GU

Tel. 024 7635 4304

My GWP had these symptoms a few weeks ago kept shaking her head and when I rubbed her ears to scratch them for her it would hurt her. Had her to the vets who said it was an ear infection got some antibiotics and drops for something like €14, she 's fine now again.

hi ben, it sounds like ear mite to me which can be quite common in spaniels ,could i suggest a product could THORN IT which is openly sold on the internet (try ebay) ,i have been using it for years and never had any problems since, it will save you them costly visits to the vet

kenny :yes:

I use and recomend Thornit aswell for ear mites...which by the sounds of it your dog has. Mites are usually indicated by smelly ear wax that will be brown in color and anything from a light paste to tar in consistancy. The Darker the smellier.

Thornit is available from:

Champion Pet Supplies

8, Horeston Grange Shopping Centre

Nuneaton Warwickshire

CV11 6GU

Tel. 024 7635 4304

A miracle cure :)

LB