I had a fight with a dog...

mr lee

" No problem mine aren't so I'll slip their leads and see how

long yours last when it kicks off!!"

..."i gave the other mutt a well placed kick and you know what all of a suuden the dogs owner was bothered! put it on a lead and left the park amazing!!"

For Christ's sake what is a person like this doing having Rottweweilers? With comments like this he should be banned from having any sort of dog!

How about turning around and walking away from a potential hostile situation (as I do with my Terrier).

But I suppose a "real man" like you would consider that a bit sissy.

Later edited on re-reading Mutley's post:

What a ******* ******.

PS Begins with F & W

Edited by silver_fox

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont be daft, he's letting the niave owner see how unreasonable it would be if he actually were to let them off....in turn suggesting he shouldnt do the same thing....

ive got a pup, 15 week old staff bull terrier, bread from excellent lines... already he's a great size and shape, looks like he will be a rather big lad before too long...

he is soft as *****, very freindly and great with my 3 year old son he torrments him rotten, they are proper good buddys.

when im out with him, already ive encountered a few "off the lead, he wont bite, he just wants to play " type dogs........ ive asked their owners to leash them and like you say, they dismiss the request ans insist their dog is o.k......... one lady with 2 small dogs, 1 of which started lunging with its teeth out at my benny was told straight. i said that although benny was a pup, incidents like this could alter his personality for life..... i told her that when he's bigger, if your dog where to do the same, it would be carnage.

i didnt mean it in a threatening way, its the truth, im quite sure my dog will be capable of looking after himself and i for one will not get between them....

ive told my wife , if she's out with him and another dog of the lead attacks him, not to try and break it up as she WILL get bitten......

benny is ALWAYS on the lead, as soft as he is, and he really is, he COULD do some real damage if another off the leader attacked him.

i think this is in the nature of the animal and this is why they should ALL be on leads at all times. theres nothing i'd love more than to let him run free in the meadows, but its a chance ill never take. i wish everyone else would do the same, but sadly, they dont.

i dread the day when benny gets into a real scrap, im sure it'll happen but when it does you can bet it wont be mine or bennys fault. you can also put your money on "benny, black legend of our lady" ( what a title....ha ha ha)

good luck with the wound mr lee.... for the itching, use a (miracle)cream called BEPANTHEN (it's nappy rash cream with vitamin A in it, very very good at healing and incidentally for those who like decorating their bodys, excellent on tattoo's, far better than prep h, tat gu etc etc... well thats how i came by the stuff...

put cream on, then wrap wound in cling film. this was a tecnique invented in the falklands war... for burns.... keeps cream moist, germs out and is easily removed with out sticking to the wound.

finally, for the record, as the thread is titled, i have actually faught a dog before... an alsation cross.... proper nasty menace street dog lives by my brothers, went for my wife when she was pregnant.... teeth out the lot, she panicked, i lost the plot, punched and kick the kak out of it.... literally..... told the owner i would cave its skull in and if he didnt take it in and keep it in, he'd get the same.

never saw the dog again.

Edited by myzeneye

i agree mate, the forum seems to have more and more nasty posts in here latley, with pointless petty insults flying about....

if you dissagree with a post, then say so, but dont bring it down to personal insults and name calling guys, we all know, its just childish.....

sorry, rant over....

..."i gave the other mutt a well placed kick and you know what all of a suuden the dogs owner was bothered! put it on a lead and left the park amazing!!"

For Christ's sake what is a person like this doing having Rottweweilers? With comments like this he should be banned from having any sort of dog!

How about turning around and walking away from a potential hostile situation (as I do with my Terrier).

What a ******* ******.

PS Begins with F & W

Dont see why you having ago, as said before if the other dog owner had their dog on the lead it wouldnt of happened.

I remember my dog running up to somebody elses while theirs was on the lead, the owner gave him a kick, as it was my fault I did not say anything harsh to him but said thankyou as it may of gave my dog a lesson in which it did.

Dogs need disipline they will push you to see how far they can get without getting into trouble.

Df

The view that it should be left to them to sort it out is stupid, bordering on absolutely stupid. Irresponsible idiot springs to mind.

As for your comments about the leg injury - the words absolute cretin spring readily to mind.

lol aint even going to respond to petty name calling :good:

codling - it wasn't petty name calling. I thought your post was a daft one - extremely, but you are entitled to your opinion. Your comments about his leg were totally unnecessary. End of matter - as far as I am concerned, unless you wish to continue.

What a ******* ******.

PS Begins with F & W

As you seem to like insults over the forum pages and in the safety of your own home i think it is you who may be the SISSY!! and some what SPINELESS!!

Firstly Why should i have to change my route to accommodate ignorant and inconsiderate brain dead dog owners?? But you being the spineless type just turn and go the other way and avoid the situation and these idiots are none the wiser to the problem they cause great!!

Secondly As for the well placed kick like i stated my dog was on a lead, their dog came over to me and started to be aggressive, and i was not then or at any other time going to let some dog take a chunk out of me or my dog! or would you rather i just let it happen?

another self righteous, whiter than white, let me cast the fist stone muppet (with a terrier)!! No wander you turn and go the other way!!

Edited by Mutley

Anyway after the dust has settled

How is the leg? It hasn't dropped off yet has it ?

Has it started to scab over yet ? Its brings back childhood memory picking scabs off my knees

Jonno

Changed the dressing again this morning and the punture areas are quite scabbed over and mega red. Still itchy too.

As a kid I used to love picking scabs on your knees and legs. :good: Takes me back to the days of falling of bikes and doing stupid jumps in the park over ramps.

Anyway after the dust has settled

How is the leg? It hasn't dropped off yet has it ?

Has it started to scab over yet ? Its brings back childhood memory picking scabs off my knees

Jonno

Changed the dressing again this morning and the punture areas are quite scabbed over and mega red. Still itchy too.

As a kid I used to love picking scabs on your knees and legs. :good: Takes me back to the days of falling of bikes and doing stupid jumps in the park over ramps.

:( B)

• 2 weeks later...

My worst nightmare just happened, luckily I'm strong.

I was coming back from a night fishing and camping trip, I decided to walk back home about 7am thinking there will be no Ned's/Chav's about. I crossed the road and had my dog on the lead when I saw a bunch of Ned's from a path going from right to left. I thought it was just Ned's and saw 6 in a gang walking to an underpass going under the road but I didn't see the other one which he was following from 10 metres from behind he had either a Staffordshire Bull terrier pumped full of steroids or it was a pit-bull. I wanted to turn back but it was to late his dog or shall i say the ugly beast came up to my dog Jake, at first it was just sniffing then it started to get aggressive it bit my dogs stomach then the side of his chin. At this time my dog was starting to growl and trying to fight back and I wasn't having any of it so I picked up my dog and put him on my shoulders like a fireman's lift, And what makes me ******* mad :good::good::good: was the guy didn't have a lead on him, the lead was with other lot that was still walking ahead. So while they where deciding who had the lead this dog was jumping at me and it was getting closer to my face, at this time I was thinking if he doesn't hurry up and get that lead I will pull out the knife I use for fishing and camping and stick in the dogs throat, so I was about to do this , then I thought If I did this the Ned's will probably stab me for it and blame me, so I ended up at just kneeing and pushing the other dog away.

They eventually got it on the lead and I put my dog down and checked him for injuries which luckily he didn't as far as I know that is. So the next time I see that person and dog I will have words with him. I so wanted to get revenge but I engaged brain before I did anything like that.

Never heard my dog growl before its the first time my dog has shown his teeth, but I don't blame him he was just trying to defend himself and I just hope that this does not start him being aggressive towards other dogs or people.

So what started as a nice weekend has turned out to be a bad weeked.

Df

Edited by dustyfox

dustyfox

Full credit to you for keeping cool under the circumstances.....But it's always hard when you have your best friend on

a lead and another dog comes up showing aggression, the natural instinct is to protect your own.....Sorry if this upsets

the softies here but I've said it before I will do what it takes to protect mine and worry about the consequences later!!!

Just glad you and your mate came out of the situation ok :good:

Mutley

From the other side i have a Staffordshire Bull terrier in fact i have 2 the bitch is a rescue dog ive had for 12 years shes 13 years old and the other is a 9 year old dog ive had from a pup so from this you can gather ive had the for a long time and know my dogs well ,There has never been an occasion when my dogs have been aggressive toward humans , However after the bitch had a litter some years ago and she became aggressive toward other dogs....

Prior to this she could be let off the lead on the park and i would be confident she would be fine with both dogs and humans ...

Unfortunately this changed and i noticed she would become aggressive if challenged or if a dog tried to dominate her i did attempt to rectify this by training and conditioning but it remained an issue so now i walk them on the roads and they get a run in the warehouse on private fields or the beach !!

So there never walked in public without a lead ever !!! Now on 2 occasions last week my dog was attacked by whilst on a lead and walking on quiet streets locally the 1st was a jack Russel who was behind a gate in the fount of a house whist the owner was gardening in the sun !!

i got through the gaps in the gate and attacked the dog who the other 1/2 was walking !!! its lucky i had by this point dragged the bitch past and she is very quick i will be careful saying this :good: As i have 2 staffys they joust and jostle a lot !! so she knows how to handle her self ...

If it had of attacked the bitch she would have not stood for it and could have turned nasty and this would not be a good thing you can imagine right .... So i kept my cool as the owner came to grab her out of control in public dog !! granted its a small dog but never less out in public attacking my dog i was not happy to say the least and i let her know this accepted an apology and left irresponsible to say the least quite easily could have resulted i someone getting a bite and me getting the smelly end of the stick for having a satffy !!!

The next came just a few days later on similar circumstances me walking the bitch the other 1/2 the dog quiet road both in rope harnesses for control NOT the stereotypical leather ones So .. walking along in the sun after work relaxing walk and we happen upon some people in there garden chatting to someone over the wall doors ajar etc etc now they looked at us walking up the road some distance from where they where both me and the other 1/2 noticed this !!

We continue to walk past knowing our dogs are fine with people The next thing this dog comes bolting towards us from nowhere straight for the bitch barking and growling i had seconds to react as i knew the consequences of what was impending if i did not react

i instinctively hoisted my 13 year old bitch off the ground into my arms in a spit second shes around 30kg surprisingly she behaved and did not struggle whilst this again out of control dog jumped snapping @ her heals and using me as a spring board so i put her on my shoulder !! Now i was well peed of as the unassuming fools where trying to grab there dog quite unsuccessfully and then it nipped me i blew i told them to remove there dog or i would let her down and the result would be unpleasant this quite shocked them and again they scuttled off with there dog saying ohh were sorry it was a accident someone left the door open blah blah

I wonder if my dog had done the same things i mention above Would i have been arrested a charged with having a dog out of control ,

it would prob have made the papers etc and turned into a nightmare ...

TO RIGHT IT WOULD !!!

Edited by jayward

As with all these situations it is the owners that need a kick, but sadly as we all know too well that will never happen!

Having had big dogs myself (Rottis) would not think twice of letting go of their leads when other dogs came round sniffing

and showing aggression, best to let them defend them selves as there's a lot of teeth and legs every where and being

caught in the middle is no fun...Nowadays i have a 1 year old retriever bitch that wouldn't say boo to a goose,

and walking and her safety at times can be a nightmare! a few days ago i was coming across a field with the young

bitch some 20 yards in front and off the lead, when she got to the gap in the hedge used as a walk way she stopped and stiffened

up, knowing her as i do i sensed she was not happy with what was the other side so called her back. As soon as she got to me

i was putting her on the lead when all of a sudden we were surrounded by SIX dogs of all different breeds followed by some woman

trying to call them all away, none of which were taking any notice and not a lead in sight. After a few choice words from me and

what seemed like an age they disappeared into the field, and as i got out of the field and onto the pavement there parked on

the road was this woman's van which stated on the side "Dog walkers and pet carers"...6 Dogs NO lead 1 person looking after

WHAT CHANCE do you have with Muppet's like this?:good:?:good:

I dont mind people having these types of dogs as long as they keep them under control known what they are capable off, or use them as a status symbol.

This attack that happened to me earlier on the Chav just stood their watching while the dog was jumping up at me never even tried to pull it away, i think he must of been afraid to touch it in case it bit him.

When I saw it bite into my dog for the first time I was going to beat it to death but I thought of my own safety with their being a gang of youths and an uncontrolled dog I wouldnt of had any chance.

Df

bad one mate, theres nowt worse than being out numbered. knowing your limitations is a tough call. id say you called it well.

but like jayward, i too own a soft a ****e staffy ( he's only a pup at 16 weeks old)... i syspathyse mate as these really are misudserstood dogs. its the ******** chav burberry boys who give these dogs a ****e life and parade them round as status symbols who are to blame, youll find the same dog, if raised from a pup in a loving family envoirment will be little more than big soft loyal companion. theyre great with kids,very tolerant... and before anyone mentions the name ellie lawrenson, that was an irish staff, a fighting dog raised by a council estate knodhead who now has the conscience of his neice on his hands.

so PLEASE mate..... dont put this terrible experience down at the dogs fault or more to the point write the whole breed off..... blame the scumbag chav and his possie. i mean lets face it, some half wit who is a nobody get a dog like this, winds it up a bit, encourages it to fight etc and suddenly, he's somone who no one on the chatsworth estate will go near in public...... ****houses.

my bennyboy is always on his lead, however he has only ever greated other dogs wanting to play and be freindly, he's never shown any sign of agression to anyone and the day he does, ill be the first to kick his teeth out.