12g shotgun wanted

cooke103

hi i am looking for a 12g shotgun. i dont really mind the make i would prefer a over and under but a side by side or semi auto is fine. i am looking to spend up to about £500. must be in north east for collecting and cheacking licenses ect. thanks

P.S i have a shotgun so part extanges will be accepted

i would not buy a semi auto not with the new law coming up,i have just sold my .22 semi auto rifle and got a bolt action one.

Rifleman i think your giving up to early if your admitting defeat already and selling everything that they want to ban then your obviously not very committed to your sport!!

:< :yp:

Guest Mr Pieman

Skinkus,

that's a bit unfair on Rifleman :yp: Perhaps he remembers the auto and handgun bans and suffered financial loses and doesn't want more of the same :yp:

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything semi auto at present for exactly the same reason, do you wish to challenge my committment to the sport too? :lol:

PP

Guest Mr Pieman

Fister,

what makes you think they have to do fox hunting first? The committee for firearms legislation is independant. Contary to popular belief, they can do more than one thing at a time :yp:

PP

Just for clarification does anyone know with any sort of certainty where the S/A bill, debate whatever, really is at present. I have buried my head and know very little. Is it going to be a sop for Labour to use in the upcoming elections or a pacifier for backbenchers when parliament is in a crisis?

Jim

skinkus,i am committed to the sport been shooting for 41 years i shoot on 16 farms never miss a week i would not like them to ban semi autos i had some in 1980 5 shots i did lose money on the hand gun ban, i am not doing it again no more semi,s for me some think is in the air. thank you pieman don,t buy a semi.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, are you still looking for a gun? I have one for sale because I went to a 12 bore from 20 bore but have decided to stick to 20 bore. Its as follows; an AYA No 4 box lock ejector, 26" barrels (great for hide work), Imp Cyl & Half choke (again, just right for hide work), oiled stock 14 & 1/2", nice tight action, clean barrels inside (small outside scratches on R/H barrel, OK'd by my gunsmith), nice tight action. Its a 'Game Special' (made for Elderkins I was told but cannot verify this). I dont live near you but if you were really interested, we could meet half way (I live in Cambs). I would be looking for around £325, or an exchange with a 20-bore with double triggers (SS or OU) with similiar stock size & choking etc. Good hunting! Axel