It's got to go

malkiserow

A really beautiful priest made in Laburnam (known as English rosewood) .... read my write up here.....

>>> CLICK FOR PICS AND WRITE UP <<<

If more than one person wants one, I can make more. The wood has been seasoning for 5 years and is now ready.

£15 for the priest (you can collect if you wish) or posted add £2.50

post-8862-1213301297.jpg

post-8862-1213301337.jpg

post-8862-1213302700.jpg

Edited by malkiserow

Whats it for mate ? Never seen one before (I am quite young and inexperienced mind) lol!

It's for knocking the bird, rabbit etc. on the head if it is hit but not dead. From Catholic tradition, the "priest" reads the last rights to the dying ..... that is where the name comes from.

Hope that helps bigthug87

cheers

malk

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice, I'd have had it but press ganged my lead cored stag horn fishing one into use. Also could be used in wood work for hitting gouges ( what are they called?)

I always assumed your sig photo was you - my, you have big strong hands for such a petite little thing :yes:

Very nice, I'd have had it but press ganged my lead cored stag horn fishing one into use. Also could be used in wood work for hitting gouges ( what are they called?)

I always assumed your sig photo was you - my, you have big strong hands for such a petite little thing :yes:

errrr that would be a mallet, is that what you are thinking of?

and yes, those are my hands.... unless my ginger hairy angry cat personality comes back..... but I fear my real looks are a bit more like this ...

post-8862-1214948315.jpg

Whats it for mate ? Never seen one before (I am quite young and inexperienced mind) lol!

Bl88dy well done for asking, its the only way to learn and what the forums for. :yes:

I used a similar priest in a past life as semi pro picker up, despatched more birds than I want to remember, imo an essential bit of kit especially when in company of squemish people.

Drill a small hole in the handle and hang it with a short lanyard on a belt loop, put it in the pocket and forget about it until needed.

:oops: D2D