First Air Rifle Kill

Lloyd90

:lol: Well just drove up my drive n spotted a pigeon strutting his stuff around my front yard, didnt scare opff at all when the car went past so I thought I may aswell have a pop at him. :lol:

Grabbed the first air rifle I ever bought, I had it down the local market for £25 and I never thought it was up to much. Grabbed 2 pellets out of the tin and went round to see if he was still around. He wasnt where he had been earlier so I looped around so as not to turn the corner and be really close.

I arced round the house and spotted by. Lay down on the grass and took aim (already cocked and loaded the gun )

I had hi head directly in the iron sights. Gently squeezed the trigger back and THUMP went the spring! The pigeon fluttered a bit (I thought I had missed of just wounded him :lol: ) but no, he was down. He was still twitching a bit so I used the 2nd pellet I had brought incase this happened and gave him a quick shot to finish him off! :rolleyes:

The first shot seemed to hit him right in the head, dont know if he was still alive or just twitching but I gave him the second pellet to be sure. Nice experience tbh, rather different than hitting them with a shotgun, dont know which I prefered but the fact I had to be much more accurate did feel good as I carefully placed the shot and got a good kill afterwards :oops:

Was surprised with the effectiveness of my gun, for £25 cant fault it :lol:. If he had been further away I wouldnt of bothered but he was only 10 feet or less (Sight was marked on 10) so I knew it would be rather easy. :lol:

:P

The first shot seemed to hit him right in the head, dont know if he was still alive or just twitching but I gave him the second pellet to be sure. Nice experience tbh, rather different than hitting them with a shotgun, dont know which I prefered but the fact I had to be much more accurate did feel good as I carefully placed the shot and got a good kill afterwards :good:

The twitching and flapping is typical even if they have been completely knackered by a perfect shot. I am shooting a lot of rabbits at the moment and even when their heads are completely exploded by a 1640 fps expanding bullet like a stinger - and I mean no head left to speak off, they will still jump and kick, even somersaulting over and over. There are a lot of nerves in the spinal chord that cause this kind of disturbing performance.

:good:

The first shot seemed to hit him right in the head, dont know if he was still alive or just twitching but I gave him the second pellet to be sure. Nice experience tbh, rather different than hitting them with a shotgun, dont know which I prefered but the fact I had to be much more accurate did feel good as I carefully placed the shot and got a good kill afterwards :hmm:

The twitching and flapping is typical even if they have been completely knackered by a perfect shot. I am shooting a lot of rabbits at the moment and even when their heads are completely exploded by a 1640 fps expanding bullet like a stinger - and I mean no head left to speak off, they will still jump and kick, even somersaulting over and over. There are a lot of nerves in the spinal chord that cause this kind of disturbing performance.

why do you shoot there heads off mate?o and everything moves its nerves.

The first shot seemed to hit him right in the head, dont know if he was still alive or just twitching but I gave him the second pellet to be sure. Nice experience tbh, rather different than hitting them with a shotgun, dont know which I prefered but the fact I had to be much more accurate did feel good as I carefully placed the shot and got a good kill afterwards :good:

Nice one fella :hmm:

I was the the same the first time I shot a woodie in the back of the head, .22 from an AAS410 smack in the back of the head (the noise of the impact was ridiculous) it hit the ground flapping and doing backflips across the ground.

I thought i'd wounded it but it was clearly just the nerves firing off, had me worried though lol.

Good luck with the shooting.

Edited by Muddy Funker