tooth ache still !!!

myzeneye

phhheewww... what a day.....

i went yesterday and had the two teeth removed. when i got home a thought id have a swill with some warm salty water...

only to find the solution ran straight out of my nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

didnt think too much of it as i was in quite a bit of pain.....

rang the dentist this morning to ask the nurse if this was anything to be concerned about..... come straight back in she said....immediaitly....... :good:

"it can happen " he said... it seems he'd torn the tooth out and the flesh separating my mouth from my sinus/nasal passage............

sat in the chair and he put four injections directly into the 1 day old wound !! that made me wince a bit...

then he seemed to pack the hole with something and then stitched it up with a needle and thread !!!!!! took quite a while to do ( he told me it would only take a minute)

i now feel like ive been kicked in the head by a donkey......

some comments especially like the one from jono just go to prove that healthy teeth are for the wealthy.... frankly, why should i pay for somthing twice..?? i pay my taxes which entitles me to nhs treatment, yet i cannot get registered at an nhs dentist and have no choice but to pay and go private... having paid for the services twice already, i dont really have enough cash to pay the quite extortionate prices demanded by my own private gob butcher. beggers cant be choosers, neither can payers with a budget.

anyway, fingers crossed the stitches hold and the hole heals up otherwise i believe i could have a problem here.... i REALLY dont fancy having the stitching job done again.....fingers crossed....

martin, ill bring the dead teeth along for target practice mate.

None of which alters the fact that healthy teeth are now out of many peoples financial reach. We all know the goody-gumdrops stuff about no sugar but we're all humans.

You show me how a couple of hours work is worth £650 and I might start listening. Otherwise I'm deaf with bad teeth. :good:

I shudder to think what the state of this country's teeth is going to be in 10 years time.

And dental plans - don't get me started on that garbage. Pay £15 a month and you get a couple of free check-ups and hygienists visits. and - wait for it - 10% off other treatment!!!!

So your £650 becomes £600 - plus £15 a month - load of old cock. :lol:

Well would you want a job of looking into someones gob? Before you know it the patient your treating could be a psychopath or have a transmittable disease.

Then they have to pay for the assistants and receptionists then other bills as well.

If anyone is that bothered about the cost of dentistry in this country go to somewhere like Poland where it is cheaper.

Df

That's just the kind of puerile **** I would expect you to write ;)

Yes, I would look in somebody's gob for 5 minutes if it made me £650.

You go to ******* Poland, why the hell should I. Have you read back through some of the mindless **** you write? Psycopath? Transmittable disease? Are you pi$$ed?

Edited by Chard

feeling a lttle better this morning.... off to work..... told my boss, he sympathises as his son had the same deal not long ago, however, he just told me his sons stitches didnt work and he had to have surgery to have the top side stitched up through his nose !!!!???

EVERYBODY< PLEASE KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED.....

the luck ive had so far aint been good...... fingers crossed...

I had a similar experience a few years back having a tooth removed which took one and a quarter hours in the chair while he cut it up and removed it bit by bit.

I was a mess for a week after that, and immediately after it I got in my car to go home and couldn't think how to drive.

Corsodyl is very good stuff as it promotes healing after dental surgery and the strongest painkillers containing Codeine that the chemist will sell you.

Dustyfox,

You really are a *****, a dentist is really no more skilled than I am. I couldn't put a filling in your teeth yet I very much doubt that my dentist could make a flight of stairs. Yet if I charged £7800 an hour I doubt I would get any work.

Strangely enough I heard that being a dentist was one of the most stressful jobs however earning £80k + a year I reckon I could live with it.

A colleagues wife is a dentist she is about 5 foot tall and as quiet as a mouse but she has grown men crying in her chair.

Not a job I'd want to do, eugh think of treating someone with a really stinking bad breath.

it all went bad......

stitches burst out or came undone friday evening, so i rang the out of hours dentist.... he said this was a matter for a&e... i went off there and at 11.30 last they refered me to another hospital some 25 miles ish away... i managed to persuade them to allow me to go in the morning....

so i went to ferzackerly hospital to see a maxillo facial surgeon ...... i was in there all day....feeling very nervous and misserable....

he done some tests and said it was holding out and removed the poor remaining stitches.... so now the hole between my mouth and nasal cavity or sinus's is held togethher with a slimey clot.... one sneeze/cough/dodgy **** and its gone...... not poking it with your tongue or sucking the pools of salivour away from it is driving me mad....

if it fails this time, its straight off to the maxillo facial dept at the hospital to have an op.... it may be a minor op compaired to some of the orthopedic op's ive had done, but i dont fancy someone poking round my face or inside my head as they go in through the nose for it......

REALLY....FINGERS CROSSED...... this is last chance sallon before either agonising sinus/eye/face/jaw infections and nerve racking visit to the hozzy for surgery or for it to heal nicley and go away.......

honestly, i shattered my femur,nearly lost my leg and to be truthful, this ordeal has been more stressful. .....

moral of the story, look after yer gnashers.

if i can ill be there mate...

im not sure its holding out, felt some movement of air "communication" between mouth and synus this morning....

ive been trying to read up about it on the net but cant find anything on it really..... i understand from the reaction of the maxillofacial surgeon and the dentist that its somthing that must be dealt with immediaitly.....

im not sure that it is healing over anyway...what is keeping it air tight is the packing which will before long, disolve i guess, then it'll be a whole again... the packing is in the hole which goes through your upper jaw into you skull/sinus's .....

anyway, ill bet your all as sick of this as i am... !!!

ill shut up abut it now.

oh, and has anyone got any recipes for tasty rabbit soup in case i do go bunny bashing with martmort....!!!

Edited by myzeneye