poorly looking ferret

darren m

normaly my polecat jill is very healthly , but this last night and today she looks unwell , just got her out and she is very lethargic and she's pale looking IE. her pink bits , pads , inner ears , nose , mouth are usually pink but at the mo there almost white .

what could be wrong with her .

thanks

normaly my polecat jill is very healthly , but this last night and today she looks unwell , just got her out and she is very lethargic and she's pale looking IE. her pink bits , pads , inner ears , nose , mouth are usually pink but at the mo there almost white .

what could be wrong with her .

thanks

has she been in season, if yes have you had to a male .

dont want to worry you but read this.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cl...;articleid=2728

Edited by markbivvy

cheers mark -- that looks like it damn!!!!

she as been and still is in season , this must be the cause .

hope its not too late for her , wonder if i got her a jill jab first thing in the morning she would pull through.

poor gal i should of known , kids handle them every day , but i dont see them much because of work .

is there any thing i can do for her right NOW :blush:?

cheers mark -- that looks like it damn!!!!

she as been and still is in season , this must be the cause .

hope its not too late for her , wonder if i got her a jill jab first thing in the morning she would pull through.

poor gal i should of known , kids handle them every day , but i dont see them much because of work .

is there any thing i can do for her right NOW :blush:?

as long as she is not in a coma like state you still have time, but not a lot.

i would try and find a male TODAY without fail.

red meat and a small amount of liver might help for now.

no milk and eggs.

Edited by markbivvy

hi lads and Kay -- thanks for your advice ,

i was at the vets first thing , they gave her the jab and checked her over ie. feeling for lumps , everything seemed ok except she was tender around the ovaries ( which was to be expected the vet said ).

so she as a good chance of pulling through , then i,m going to get her spayed.

anyone know how long the jab takes to bring them out of season ??

would a bit of liver be ok ie she as aniemia but thinking the iron may be good for her ?? yes/no

good to see you again Kay i,ve not been on hunting .life for ages

hi lads and Kay -- thanks for your advice ,

i was at the vets first thing , they gave her the jab and checked her over ie. feeling for lumps , everything seemed ok except she was tender around the ovaries ( which was to be expected the vet said ).

so she as a good chance of pulling through , then i,m going to get her spayed.

anyone know how long the jab takes to bring them out of season ??

would a bit of liver be ok ie she as aniemia but thinking the iron may be good for her ?? yes/no

good to see you again Kay i,ve not been on hunting .life for ages

Hi Darren glad she is ok , i have never used the jilljab but if its the same as a vasectomised hob then around 10 days to a fortnight i would say , could be sooner as my hob is coming out of season already

yep long time no speak hope your doing ok

kay

• 3 weeks later...

hi all -- unfortunatly my jill died , started to pick up slightly then went down hill very fast .

when she died she looked kinda yellow , so i,m guessing liver failure , poor girl .

i buried her amongst the rabbit warrens in the paddocks at the stables where we first met .

my other jill , her daughter is doing ok as far as i can tell , BUT i have noticed her coat or skin is looking a bit blue-ish in colour :yp: anyone think of a reason for this .

thanks again

hi all -- unfortunatly my jill died , started to pick up slightly then went down hill very fast .

when she died she looked kinda yellow , so i,m guessing liver failure , poor girl .

i buried her amongst the rabbit warrens in the paddocks at the stables where we first met .

my other jill , her daughter is doing ok as far as i can tell , BUT i have noticed her coat or skin is looking a bit blue-ish in colour :yp: anyone think of a reason for this .

thanks again

Oh i am sorry to hear about the little jill, i know how much stuff you asked on thl when you found her, thats very sad B)

Thanks Kay - i really did love that little stinker , she had such a personality B)

any ideas on the little jill with the bluish tinge to her skin , ever come across anything like that .

maybe its her new coat coming through !!!!! she did loose a bit of fur when in season . cant really tell.

shes active and eating well and if anything getting a bit fat :yp:

thanks