Injured bird

mickeylove

Could be a hobby

EDIT: The reason I don't think it's a peregrine is the pattern on its breast doesn't look right for one. If you look at pictures of them on Google, they don't look like the bird above.

sjk

Edited by sjk88

My dad found it in a field next to a track whilst corn carting, just sort of weakly flapping so brought it back gave it some food and water, now a lot livelier but holds nearside wing differently to the other one

You should really try and get it to a vet to give it the best chance I reckon, especially if there could be wing damage.

It's a HOBBY 110%, not big enough for a Peregrine, can tell by the feet and the plumage :D Try and find somewhere that will take it, if not sure contact your local vet and they will tell you who will take it.

With all the goodie two shoes about, you may find yourself in strive if you don't let the right people know as it's a protected species :good:

Edited by kip270

Its a hobby

Sakers are not found over here unless they are captive or escaped ones.

look at this, looks similur doesnt it?

Hobby.jpg

Take it to the vet asap, if its a broken wing it will not survive in the wild so the vet will put it in a bird santuary or something where somebody can look after it.

Df

Edited by dustyfox

Its a hobby

Sakers are not found over here unless they are captive or escaped ones.

look at this, looks similur doesnt it?

Hobby.jpg

Take it to the vet asap, if its a broken wing it will not survive in the wild so the vet will put it in a bird santuary or something where somebody can look after it.

Df

Spot on Dusty, for the first time ever, I agree with you!

Actually I've had an interest in wild birds from a very young age.

All that knowledge is fresh in my head following a chat from a lad I know locally who was watching one hunting on the wing near a river by his house. I didn't need to look up anything about them on Wikipedia but by the sounds of things you did...

FM

Actually I've had an interest in wild birds from a very young age.

All that knowledge is fresh in my head following a chat from a lad I know locally who was watching one hunting on the wing near a river by his house. I didn't need to look up anything about them on Wikipedia but by the sounds of things you did...

FM

No mate I was trying to find a picture to confirm to others that it was a hobby as I first thought. And it has done the job dont you think. Everyone now believes its a hobby in which it is, so I think I have done right.

Im sorry Im being annoying again, its good you taking an interest in BofP. But I dont think people need to say its a hobby now do they? as the picture confirms it is a Hobby. Hobby Falcons Im not really interested in them, Im more interested in Peregrines, harriers and Ospreys myself.

I dont know where people was getting the Saker from though :D. They dont even live in this country. And it cant be a captive or escaped one as it aint got no ring round its ankle.

Edited by dustyfox

Thought you had already put one up but no worries. :good:

I was just adding my two pence worth to help make it crystal clear to the guy who asked the question as there had been a few different opinions on what the bird was. :D

I think it was from where people looked on google images and saw something similar so suggested that as they were being helpful, so that's why I thought I would help confim it's a hobby.

FM