20 bore cartridges

technically you are correct, to achieve the full and full the same it meant light mod and full chokes into the specific barrells - they did not shoot the same when switched. however of the 3 brands of cart shot the differences were negligibbllle whichever barrel shot from - so, experience wins over technibabble sometimes.

if the comment was unhelpful for the guy who originally had the q on 20b shells then sorry ! but also, how many shooters with fixed chokes have sat in their hide twiddling with their barrel selector because 'ooh this ones needs some choke !?'

cg

Normally buy eley ct fibres for the 20b and never had a problem.

Also using up old winchester AA's and some 5 shot gamebore carts ive had laying around for years.

As said you will always shoot better with a cartridge you find you have confidence in tho.

As for patterns etc remember a 20 bore shooting an oz load will pattern tighter than a 12bore using the same choke.Dont get stuck in the trap of thinking you need a tight choke just because its a 20.

You have an oz of lead starting out form a tighter constriction than a 12 bore so it will naturally pattern tighter with a longer shot string.

• 6 months later...

Not tried the VIP ir VIRI, but have tried the rest.

I use TC3's pretty much for everyting now. 7yrs and 1000s of shells, no missfires missfeeds (semis) or non ejections in any of the 20gs I have owned....

( I use Winchester 3" mags tho' the RC semi mag is not strong enough for a mag load!)

• 4 years later...