Left eye dominant.. Right handed

themisser

I'm pretty new to shooting and am finding myself missing alot more pigeons than I hit.

I am left eye dominant and shoot from my right shoulder. I was wondering if I shut my left eye, will this make matters better or worse, or should I keep both eyes open...

Any advice would be greatfully appreciated..

Cheers Rich

I'm pretty new to shooting and am finding myself missing alot more pigeons than I hit.

I am left eye dominant and shoot from my right shoulder. I was wondering if I shut my left eye, will this make matters better or worse, or should I keep both eyes open...

Any advice would be greatfully appreciated..

Cheers Rich

im the same mate, and i've found through practise on the clays that getting my left eye down the barrel,yet leaving both eyes open( so the left is leading) seems to have me hitting them well..... ive tried all combinations of left, then right, both, etc... and that way works best for me.... have a practise with with a mark on a distant wall or somthing, get your left eye in then open your right and with practice you can learn to quickly lead with your left.....

good luck mate...

im left eye dominant but have always shot right handed ,when i first found out i would wear a patch i know not very sexy but it has worked for me. i seem to be fine .

good luck mate :)

a patch on the good left eye ? or the straying right ? when i do the eye domiance type test my bad(right)eye, seems to be way off target when i re-open both eyes....is that the left fooling it when it joins in or is it off target ?

the interesting thing is, with the air rifle, scope, i have to use my right eye..... and i seem ok with that...??

heres how i do it.

keep both eyes open, so you get the complete picture of what is going on

track the bird, work out where its going and where your going

mount the gun

both eyes still open

once you are committed just squint your left eye down a little (or close it)

bang

works for me.

it takes a while to get used to squinting/closing

remember, you have a lot more time than you think :)

I,m the same, Right handed and left eye dominant. I got so frustrated at this that I seriously considered abandoning shotgunning completely as all i was acheiving was to turn cartridges into empties.. A mate suggested the Easy Hit bead and though at first i thought it a bit gimmicky, i tried it. What a difference..My shooting has been transformed. Another recommendation for the East Hit bead.