electric underfloor heating

col s10

Only thing about elecy underfloor heating is you dont wanna ever turn it off cause it takes a lot of energy to get the tiles back upto temperature from stone cold.The retail side of the company i work for sells it and they always recomend to just turn the thermostat down in summer.

As you're tiling on top-make sure you use a fully flexible adhesive and grout also otherwise they will come loose with expansion/contraction.Try not to tile the conservatory on a hot day and leave the windows wide open when doing it to keep temp down.If you can get hold of it,use a slow setting adhesive which goes off over 24 hours as this minimises shrinkage.The two most important things with laying natural slate is seal it first before laying as this stops 'blooming' when grouting it afterwards and always start off with the thickest piece of slate as this will determine your floor level.I work for a tile importer!

If you want the underfloor heating to heat the room space, then the water/pipe system will be more cost effective long-term. If you just want to take the chill off the floor surface so that it's comfortable to walk on in bare feet, then the electric cable or mat system will do the job a treat and not cost you a fortune to run.

Try Warmup Underfloor heating or pm me for more details.

Sound advice from Imperfection too :good:

Regards,

Paul.

I used an electric cable sytsem in our conservatory made by Devi. It was a doddle to put down and went directly on top of the expanded polystyrene insulation and under the screed. It basically was pinned in place and then the screeder covered it.

I had an electrician wire it in to a thermostat, (one in the floor with a controller on the wall) and off it went.

We have it set at 16 degees c all year round and it just takes the edge off the room.

Best thing we did :good:

P.