doveridge meet

SPARKIE

SPARKIE Posted Sep 20 2008, 02:51 PM

yes you missed it chap as it says in the title sunday the 28th 10am

give the lad a break= 1 post,joined 5th sept,not very encouraging are we. you could explain to tony m that you was taking the P. i know i like to take the P and be sarcastic but not to the extent of riddiculing a fellow member on his 1st post, on an open forum. this must give off a very dis heartening, embarassed feeling. Tony i understand that you are new to the site but you do need to pay attention to detail ie time/date etc.i do understand that it is so easy to get carried away more so for newbies and vital details are missed out, or not noted,as above it is for 28-9-08 at 10am so go along and enjoy yourself paul

hold on a minute he asked if he had missed it in the post. i confermed he had.then stated the date it is on....i wasnt being sarcastic i wasnt taking the ****.or trying to embaress the chap....come along tony all is welcolme

i dont think this page requires a post like that pas please remove it..

anybody else fancy a meet....

Hi, ive shot doveridge twice now but it was with work before i owned a SG.. A friendly and very helpful guy called Rob and his old man taught us the basics...it was that trip that made me get in to SG shooting :lol:

Id love to come but im not all that good. What would we be shooting? skeet ? sporting ?

Reed :hmm:

Hi, ive shot doveridge twice now but it was with work before i owned a SG.. A friendly and very helpful guy called Rob and his old man taught us the basics...it was that trip that made me get in to SG shooting ;)

Id love to come but im not all that good. What would we be shooting? skeet ? sporting ?

Reed :lol:

Unfortunatly i will not be able to go, sorry to let the "midland massive down"

The normal procedure would be meet in the club house, fill your face with a full english breakfast and a cupa

a quick chin wag and compare tools :hmm: then a couple of rounds of skeet another cupa then either sporting,

High tower or skeet again. It is really up to you its nothing serious.

the day usually goes as so 10am breakie

skeet for round or 2

sporting

what ever anyone wants to shoot

you dont need to be a straight 25 shooter to come

hell if anyone want to come just to meet then thats fine

then some of us go to the cavandish for a quick pint

usually finish shooting around 1-2 depends on how many turn up

if there are people deffinately comeing pm me and ill give you my mobile number. so we dont miss each other as before we have had people say there comeing and not turn up.or late and as noboby knows what people look like its a good idea to have a phone number

Hi, ive shot doveridge twice now but it was with work before i owned a SG.. A friendly and very helpful guy called Rob and his old man taught us the basics...it was that trip that made me get in to SG shooting :)

Reed :lol:

Reed, dont worry about what you hit mate, it`ll be more than me or Slarti :hmm:

I`m kinda new to the site and only met a couple a mbrs of here, so come along and say hello, a few new shooting pals is always a good thing ;)

And the breakfast there is not to be missed, as is the future Mrs Slarti :(

Sparkie, pm sent mate :yes:

ATB

Nick

Sorry chaps for appearing to be so dim! ( "have I missed it?") :hmm: my only excuse is that I was deep into preparation for the game fair at Weston and as usual I was rushing about like the proverbial blue ***** fly. But I do hold my hands up to being a dipstick on that one!!

As for taking offence, nah, that only happens if I feel some one is taking the P in a more personal way, and then I am big enough and old enough to sort it out, but I must thank you (slarti) for supporting me, that was a very gentlemanly act :lol: Hopefully see you all at the next meet, best wishes, Tony M.

sparkie i admit i did over react and i offer you my appologies.you might have noticed lateley that i have offered shooting to newbies and trying to give encouragement to the not so fortunate lads on here,after seeing post no 9 (yours) i did think it was a little bit sarcastic.now i dont want to fall out or cause any bad feelings after seeing your reply about my post i have thought about what you said and admit i am a hypocrite as i have also taken the p,and been sarcastic in the past to other members(not newbies tho) and as i said earlier i am sorry i upset you and if i can remove my original post i will paul