Llandegla Shooting Ground For Sale

Patrick1964

Funny isn't it, Llandegla forest is chock full of mountain bikers (who have no chance of avoiding the weather) every weekend, raid or dry, but it seems clay shooters won't risk the walk between the covered shooting stands and the clubhouse !

If the lottery comes up I'll buy it myself :yes:

Yes its not much better for fishing. I know from experience.

I fished at the Trout fishery with the cafe on the bad bend on the main road. I have never seen rain come down like it. To say I was a drowned rat was an understatement.

I had to change into dry clothes to drive home!

But I have also have lovely days up there when it has been the most wonderful place on earth.

But i always combine my trips with a visit to the farm shop down the road at the white cottage and stock up my freezer with meat. The meat is superb and well priced.

• 3 weeks later...

All the regular stands (ie the DTL, Compact, etc) stands there are under cover. I don't know how much it's for sale for, but with the land available and the proximity to Chester / Liverpool / Deeside etc I'd be doing some serious marketing of local mid sized businesses with a view to teambuilding / taster events. I'd also be trying to get the Stag weekend crowd in, there are plenty of places nearby to provide the sort of activities that fit with the chance to shoot clays (mountain bike, quad bike, white water,lap dancing, clubbing etc). I'd try and get in with local schools, not just the Public ones (of which there are a few locally) but also the local schools in Chester, Liverpool and Manchester to give kids a chance to learn the proper use and respect of guns in a controlled environment, rather than either growing up "anti gun" or gangsta. I'd also try a bit harder to have all the different stands available more often, rather than having some of the stands awaiting setup during busy times. I'd advertise more, locally, and I'd renew the sign on the road which is dated and IIRC has no phone number on it ! I'd offer trial lessons at somewhere just above cost to get people interested, and I'd make a lot more of how good the location is - the odd shower won't kill anyone.