After 30 years shooting i done it.

rimfire4969

Well after 30 years shooting a shotgun completely self taught i finaly had a lesson with Bill Moussalli from Lower Lake shooting Ground near Liskeard, Cornwall. This year Bill won the English Open Championship, so must be pretty good. :hmm:

The main reason for the lesson is i have been invited to a quite a plush driven shoot and did not want to look like a d*** and felt that my shooting could be improved with help. Well after an hour with Bill my shooting that has always been about average improved a great deal. I was mounting the gun more smoothly and not rushing. This in its own was great with a couple of other pointers i was hitting just about everything.

So i would recommend Bill for a refresher or a complete overhaul so :) to Bill

I can't wait for the shoot now and feel slightly less nervous :hmm: . Bring on the Pheasants. :lol:

I admire you for accepting that you needed help. Many will be in denial and think they don't need it. It would be a brave person who thought that they could not improve with some help.

I have had the odd lesson over the years - you can fall into bad habits - which others see and can correct.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeh, I think having a lesson is a great idea, I had one lesson and noticed an improvement in my shooting straight away! Having someone observe my shooting, then point out any slight changes - ie posture etc made a huge difference to me.

A little constructive criticism can go a long way!

I know Bill well, he's a great guy and a damn good shoot, (so would you be if you owned a shooting ground). :yes:

There used to be a lot of friendly rivalry between us at the local "straw bale" shoots before we both moved on to more exciting things.

Bill actually won the English Open SKEET Championship this year, but that's still one heck of an achievement as he normally shoots with a side by side.

I'm sure Bill is an excellent coach, money spent on lessons with a guy of his calibre is never wasted.

Cat.