Duck cartridges

barney 66

Hi, not to sure if this is the right section or not appologies if not,i,ve just been told i can take a few duck off a small pool on one of my pieces of land,question is what are you chaps using for Duck cartridges and would they be ok in a beretta urika 2 and a silver pigeon's',

Thanks regards Chris.

First you want to check your choke. If its more than 1\2 choke you are restricted toEley bismuth or Kent tungstun matrex , both very pricy shells.

Second you do not say what length the chambers are. If only 2 3\4 inch chambers then you cant use steel loads bigger than 1 1\8th oz. If you have steel proof chambers of 3 inch or more then you can use the 1 1\4 oz loads .

As you are shooting over a small pond , have open chokes and I am guessing most of your shots will be close and 1 1\8 oz of steel such as Express or Gamebore in shot sizes 4s or 3s should suit you fine.

Thanks for that,forgot to say about choke,they are both multi choke so as you say keep them pretty open then, and they are both 3" chambers but i don,t know about steel proofed or not,both guns are about 18 months old so i,m hoping they are,

Thanks again

regards Chris.

Thanks for your replies,the guns are as stated in first post a beretta urika 2 28" multichoke and a silver pigeon ,s, 30" multickoke both 3" chambers,looking for the handbooks as we speak,i'm sure it will say in there,but if someone can tell me before i find them i shell purchase some cartridges this week,

Thanks Chris.