Hello

jojusa

Hi all, been lurking in the background for a while now and gathering information but eventually took the plunge and registered to the forum. :lol:

I don't have a SGC but I am really thinking of applying for one. I have been shooting air rifle for around 25 years and my friend who I go rough shooting with also brings his u/o shotgun and it has given me the bug. I am a complete noob when it comes to shotguns but I have been doing a lot of swotting up on them and my god, there is a lot to swot up on :lol: so when I do start asking questions please forgive me if they seem rather strange!

Here's my first question, :lol:

What would be the best shotgun (s/s or o/u or semi-auto) for a noob for crop protection (pigeon, crow, rook)?

I look forward to your replies (hopefully :lol: )

Welcome to PW :lol: An O/U shotgun will have less felt recoil compared to a S/S. I use both and there is a difference. Also, a semi-auto will also have a lot less recoil than the other two. Plus, a semi-auto will give you an extra shot, handy on pigeons/crows. I have (picking up soon) a semi-auto on a FAC which allows me to use a shotgun with more than 3 shots. The one I am having will be an 8 shot in total.

It's really down to your choice. All of the above will be fine.

Edited by steve_b_wales

hi and nice to her from you i am from north tyneside as well and have both a o/u and a semi auto my o/u has the same if not less recoil as my beretta o/u if you want to try both i go to steve smiths on a tues most weeks pm me and i will take you up with me and you can try both of mine only problem is mine are both left handed

:good: Thanks very much for all the welcomes and for the advice, i will try to get a chance to try some of these guns before I buy.

@dasha

thanks a lot for your very kind invitation but with work a tues is probably a no-go, I also use Steve Smiths but mainly on a sunday on the air rifle range. If your ever there on a sunday let me know and I'll buy the coffee's and pick your brains for info. :oops:

Excellent forum, pleased I've joined. :good:

• 2 weeks later...