Formula 1 champion

MAJ2

First things first, well done Lewis, you deserve it. :good::yes:

Massa, I feel for him, he worked hard this year and put in as good an effort. I can't imagine how he felt after being told he'd won the championship, only to find he hadn't!

Lets not forget Coulthard, well done DC, i've followed you throughout, what a shame you didn't get your last dance.

And finally ITV, what a stirling job you have done for the last 12 years, adverts aside, fantastic.

Why do I still feel flat? Whats missing? Has F1 lost its edge, I shed a tear for Lewis but what of the boo's from the crowds. I'm glad he's won but will I follow it next year?

We'll see.

Your'e dead right Axe, the booing did mar the event to a degree, but it wasn't unexpected. We all know that if the boot was on the other foot, i.e Massa pipping Hamilton on virtually the last bend in front of a Silverstone crowd, the Brit fans would have been just the same, possibly worse. All respect to Massa, he acted like a true gent and sportsman, and that coupled with his fantastic driving this season gives him the right to hold his head high.

I can't wait for next season.

By the way, who has the rights to televise the competition next season? I've heard the BBC have it, but somebody else told me it's Sky.

Great end to the championship, an exciting race! Well deserved win for Hamilton too, well done. Having said that Massa put in some excellent performances this year and would have been a deserved the win too had it gone that way.

Shame Kubica didn't end the season on a better note, he was really building up the points for 3/4 of the year and for an underdog he didn't get the recognition he should have.

Surely that clip that sunshinedave put up is going to the be the next 'priceless' advert for a certain credit card company!?! Massa did take it well though and Hamilton shouldn't have been boo'd, he didn't just win it on the day, he won it through all the previous races too...and what good watching most were :) it's just a shame that it's hard to believe that Ecclestone doesn't rock the boat every now and again!

Edited by Oly