PIGEON MAGNETS

mikee

Hi Guys,

i'm new to this forum so "hi everyone", I have a question about the use of more than 1 magnet, with 1 magnet i usually place it about 10-15yds in front of the main "U or V" decoy pattern and to the side nearest to my hide which in the most part lures the birds well into range, i have been given another magnet and maybe you guys would know where best to place it.

regards mike

If one is working well and you seem to be placing it effectively, why put out another one ?

I have only ever seen two rotarys out at the same time and this was two chaps shooting either siode of a large tree in a rape field and they had an identical layout either side of the tree.

They didn't seem to be doing that well, but that may not have been because of their layout.

l don't think it will pull in any more birds and could actually spook them.

Perhaps just keep it in the garage as a spare.

Hopefully, someone who has had success using two rotarys will comment.

hello and welcome to pw ! i use two magnets most of the time now and get on realy well i tend to use a u shape wind playing ball that is and put both about 10 yards in front of the pattern and about the same apart ! i find useing to works well and i some times watch the birds come in and see them looking at the magnets and the other decoys and they dont tend to notice me . give it a try it may help or it may not ! Good luck !

Cheers Tom

Edited by proTOM1

I have used two magnets on occasions and found that it can be productive, best results have been putting one magnet very very close to the hide about 4 yards in front and just upwind and the other about 35 /40 yards out creating a "channel for the birds" no deeks etc just the magnets,birds will fly through giving a decent shot, also two in a small patch of laid crop works well.but as with using one, sometimes they never come out of the truck?

cheers KW

Had a good day today, invited to flight greylag geese of a large gravel pit this morning got 4 and a mallard then home and change of kit, decoyed pigeons on a 100 acre field of rape until lunch time and got 43, only used 1 magnet when i eventually shot a couple to put on it they poured in for the last 2 hours i was there.

mikee