Knife

Hubertus

Just wanted to post a picture of the knive i use since last season.

Its a swedish product from K.J Eriksson ( http://www.kjeriksson.se ) and called Mora 2000. In Germany you can get they very cheap for 8 Euro (~5 Pound) from a big insurance company (Gothaer). The normal price is 20-25 EURO.

Im very happy with the knife and its usefull for every purpose while hunting (removing guts mainly). But its also suitable to kill boar when they are caught from dog(s) on driven day. Hve used it for that too. The length of the blade is 10 cm which is enough for that. The sheath is plastic made and can be washed out.

Before i used expensive knives (PUMA) they are nicer indeed but they are now so expensive that it ruins you if you loose them (mine costs now 200 EURO!!!).

Hubertus

post-11-1105011981.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike its not very far away from me. Round about 80km. Between Paderborn and where i live is a really superb shooting cinema. We should meet there in summer :lol:

There is also a lot of wood in that area. So really nice to walk. But also a lot of nice places (Höxter, Warburg, the river Weser, the big forest solling) there is plenty to visit and really nice area.

Hubertus

the best knive ive ever had is infact a very cheap whitby, knife with a gut hook, it stays sharp for ages, has a nice piece of metal for the blade, is a good size, and is all metal so it can be sterolised. only criticism is the shieth has no way to keep the knife in securely, so it has to stay in a pocket and cant go on the belt, but for £12 i'm not complaining, cant see me ever needing a replacment

post-11-1105047995.jpg

But this is the work horse below a Fibrous Handle Victrinox 6inch sticking/boning knife. This is the knife i need a sheath for. I tell thee if i ever have that in my coat on a friday night and i fall over its curtains.

Plus i wouldnt mind if i lost this at just over £6. Used for skinning/ Boning and buttering me toast :lol:

I do hope i havent offended anyone Cranny :lol:

post-11-1105050145.jpg

I thought you would like the tape, :P

thats one for all you camo freaks out there, :lol:

as for a sheath for your knife.... a mate of mine uses a piece of garden hose on the blade of his filleting knife, no good for carrying on his belt etc but stops him slashing his fishing bag, or taking a finger off when he reaches into it. :lol:

@aled:

i looked on that site but i found only these cucumber knives :lol:

They appeared for me not very useful for hunting.

@vim:

i have a very similar knive from ****. Its the same shape of blade isnt it? But as i said before i use them only for butchering venison. I doesn't take it to the field for this reasons: doesnt have a sheath, the blade of these butcher knife is not very hard (~53 HRC) so they get quick blunt if you use them hard (red, boar) but they are easy to resharpen. Have a whole collection of these butcher knives (next picture).

Hubertus

post-11-1105101253.jpg