lurcher?

Whimple Hunter

speed brains and looks are what make a good lurcher I would go for a hancock dog anyday of the week but to be honest most dogs are capable of doing the job its how you train them that counts

ive swapped the running dog for a gundog since the hunting ban came into force but I do miss the days of rabbiting years ago

one thing I dont like is the morons that are breeding things like pit bulls into the mix it can only end in tears!

Edited by andovian

I have a pit bull cross collie greyhound who brings rabbits back to hand still alive, its the training of the dog that counts not the breed.I suppose i must be one of those morons then.My dog is penned up with a 13 week old pup and if was inclined to would seriously harm that pup but because he has been properly trained doesnt.He is a soft mouthed dog and is no more dangerous than a whippet. :sly: Hope this post is now acceptable.ps whats looks got to do with it :good:

Edited by fourtrak73

I have a pit bull cross collie greyhound who brings rabbits back to hand still alive, its the training of the dog that counts not the breed.I suppose i must be one of those morons then.My dog is penned up with a 13 week old pup and if was inclined to would seriously harm that pup but because he has been properly trained doesnt.He is a soft mouthed dog and is no more dangerous than a whippet. :welcomeani: Hope this post is now acceptable.ps whats looks got to do with it :hmm:

I have raised lion cubs cheetas and hyenas and yes they were well brought up but its in their nature to turn!

having a pit bull cross isnt clever and just because it hasnt turned on your puppy doent mean you will never have any problems with it! there is no place in society for pit bull breeds for sure wasnt it about this time last year that a little girl got killed by one?

I have raised lion cubs cheetas and hyenas and yes they were well brought up but its in their nature to turn!

having a pit bull cross isnt clever and just because it hasnt turned on your puppy doent mean you will never have any problems with it! there is no place in society for pit bull breeds for sure wasnt it about this time last year that a little girl got killed by one?

andovian, you have the opportunity to edit your post now before too many people see it, I suggest you do.

LB

If properly trained whats the problem.I have a chihuahua with a more vicious streak. :welcomeani:

yes but its hardley likely that a chihuahua is going to turn on a kiddie also chihuahuas arent an illegal breed. my point is that that a lot of running dogs are having pit dogs bred into them which in itself will create agression

they are illegal for a reason and anyone who flaunts the fact they have one of these is an idiot and will hopefully get a knock from the boys in blue

lurcherboy would you please explain to me why I shouldnt address this subject?

For a start pit bulls are illegal yes, but my dog isnt a pit bull but simply has it in its breeding to look at you would say my dog was a greyhound so my dog is not illegal to own so let the boys in blue come knocking.The farmers of the land i have permission on dont object to the dog being on their land amongst their cattle and as long as they are happy i dont care about keeping anybody else happy including you.You have your opinion i have mine.

andovian, you have the opportunity to edit your post now before too many people see it, I suggest you do.

I gave you the opportunity :welcomeani:

LB

why? pit bulls are illegal and dangerous why would I want to edit the post please explain whats wrong with it?

You brought the Pit Bull equation into the thread andovian.

There is nothing wrong with this breed and in the hands of an experienced owner all will be well in as much as you can trust any breed.

To dismiss any lurcher x bull saying that it will end in tears stinks of a rspca or dogs trust public relations communication.

If you just added Pit Bull to start a ruck, then you have won.

LB

the subject of bull cross lurchers always splits the camp , the bull or bull cross are some of the best dogs on the planet , they also can be some of the worst as once they let go they are unstopable . They were made ( the staffy at least ) to fight and that is what they do well , and having owened the best one god ever put on our plannet they are also the most loving faithfull and entertaining dogs in the world , the bull cross is just as impotant a cross as is the collie in the make up of any modern lurcher you just need to pick the cross that is right for the job you need it for . as for smooth coats i would agree they will cost you more in vets bills as they do rip when your dog runs into wire or other rubbish at high speed , i do not like the saluki cross myself but i would not write this cross off as i have seen some top dogs from this cross they are just not right for me , think long and hard about what work you and the dog you need will be doing , then choose from the many out there .ALL DOGS HAVE A PLACE MAYBE JUST NOT IN YOUR OWN KENNEL.

the subject of bull cross lurchers always splits the camp , the bull or bull cross are some of the best dogs on the planet , they also can be some of the worst as once they let go they are unstopable . They were made ( the staffy at least ) to fight and that is what they do well , and having owened the best one god ever put on our plannet they are also the most loving faithfull and entertaining dogs in the world , the bull cross is just as impotant a cross as is the collie in the make up of any modern lurcher you just need to pick the cross that is right for the job you need it for . as for smooth coats i would agree they will cost you more in vets bills as they do rip when your dog runs into wire or other rubbish at high speed , i do not like the saluki cross myself but i would not write this cross off as i have seen some top dogs from this cross they are just not right for me , think long and hard about what work you and the dog you need will be doing , then choose from the many out there .ALL DOGS HAVE A PLACE MAYBE JUST NOT IN YOUR OWN KENNEL.
:rolleyes: i couldnt have put that better myself i apologise for turning this thread in to a debate