Any birds on the rape yet?

Malc

Lupins are flowers, good game cover & break crop, I think..??

Cat.

Commercial 'lupins' are a high value bean crop. Look similar to the flower type but are grown for the crop. Sold to the mid east as they are one of the few things muslims can eat during Ramadan apparently. Not much use for pigeon shooting apart from at drilling time and maybe harvest time.

Just starting to see a healthy amount building up on the rape down here :sly:

Dowside is the best field is next to a pheasant drive

Good news is no one can shoot it but i've got the thumbs up with the modded .410, nice small field too should lend itself nicely to the little gun :good:

I have been shooting a field of barley stubble that has not been sprayed off and is full of chick weed .The pigeons have been going nuts fot it . Three outings so far 86, 48, and 63 . They are still going mad for it have left it four days and shall be having a go tomorrow . Harnser .

Funny you should say that Harnser, i've shot 76 in two sessions in North Norfolk on the same land (weed on stubble). The last session was spoilt by the ruddy rain. The chickweed is now 10 inches tall but they love the stuff. A mate and I will give it a go at the weekend, when there should be a nice bit o' wind.

I live in mid Norfolk and the pigeon are now flocking up and hitting rape between Hethersett, Ketteringham. Also seen 'em working rape not far off Lotus.

Edited by Whitebridges