FAO Teal

apbuild

Teal,

Congratulations!

You have finally seen what is happening here at PW.

Over the past few months, we have seen a slide from pigeon related talk to the more genarilsed chat (a bit like a chat room). Do you think that the lack of pigeon shooting taking place at these quiet times in the field have had anything to do with this?

I for one have no say in what happens to pigeonwatch forum, but if you have the strength to ban a few people for whatever reason, I can only think that the forum will return to the pigeon orientated site it was when I joined last year.

Regards,

Rob.

apb your point about the lack of pigeon shooting for the past few months is something that I have thought for a while now. In my own case I haven't been pigeon shooting since late September due to lack of birds feeding on the fields.

This does make it a bit difficult to keep a fresh dialogue going and as we have seen, rabbits,foxes and deer shooting plus general chit chat has taken over from pigeon topics.

Hopefully things will improve soon and indications from some areas suggest that they are.

The bit thats confusing me is if you only want pigeon shooters on here why have the other sections then? :D

The forum is mainly for pigeon shooters but as we all know, the majority of shooters take part in other forms of shooting and field sports at some time or another.

These other types of shooters activities were spilling over into sections that were nothing to do with the topic in hand so seperate forums were created to accommodate this.

For reasons perhaps like apb and myself have suggested this has made the other topics take over for the time being.

Each topic has a tiltle, chosen by the posting member.

Replys to this topic are fine. It is when things fly off at a wild tangent that things get silly.

If a new topic is to be started, put in in the correct place and don't ruin otherwise informative topics.

That was aimed at everyone Leon not just you!! :D:sly:

It seems there are two issues here - one was a member who had been given the option of having his ban reviewed, but chose instead to evade it, therefore still banned for the same reasons as before.

One of the other two had never been shooting before, yet had racked up hundreds of posts accross the site, which in particular was bad because they were in posts which otherwise were good and interesting (ie all forums not general banter). Despite repeated assurances that she would be going out shooting it never happened (and i don't believe it was ever on the cards.)

The other had tales taller than the eiffel tower, boasts and comments about activities breaking the law. As well as an uncanny ability to post either ridiculously stupid messages or attempts at being funny (I am not sure which) accross the board which would often lead to otherwise good messages deteriorating. Finally the advice which he freely and liberally gave other newcomers to the sport, was often either unhelpful to the specific problem, parrot like of someone's previous post, or just plain wrong.

In regards to Jess mate, someone even having a relative interest in a sport, regardless of whether they participate in it or not is reason enough to allow them on the site. She had already participated in hunting, a topic frequently discussed on the site. I for one am unsure about the politics that the powers that be have on this site, surely more members = more traffic = more sponsor clicks = more money = more improvement of the site etc

if teal thinks 3 members banned will improve the site more than 3 members banned will bring it down he made the right decision, its not my choice. Apart from Aled and Jess, Vim did'nt want to be reviewed so it was his choice. Out of the 3 i think Vim was the one who contributed the most to the site with pics etc, but his lack of respect for some of the older members was pretty bad.

Well - if we are not welcome posting off topic subjects in general banter then so be it - bye

Banter looked up in the dictionary

Banter

1. playful good-humoured teasing.

2. tease, make fun of; exchange banter.

Don't think the banter section is what they are on about. (Think)

I personally don't object to much of whats posted in the General Banter section, because its easy to avoid reading it.

What does irritate me, is when good threads in other areas are interrupted, or diverted, by stupid comments, or truncated posts like "nice one mate" and the like.

Check out the numbers of posts some members have made and then try to remember, or find, some intelligent point, help, advice, or comment they have ever made.

With some, its extremely difficult, if not impossible.

If people want a Chat Room , join Yahoo, there are loads of them there.

I personally don't object to much of whats posted in the General Banter section, because its easy to avoid reading it.

What does irritate me, is when good threads in other areas are interrupted, or diverted, by stupid comments, or truncated posts like "nice one mate" and the like.

Check out the numbers of posts some members have made and then try to remember, or find, some intelligent point, help, advice, or comment they have ever made.

With some, its extremely difficuly, if not impossible.

If people want a Chat Room , join Yahoo, there are loads of them there.

So saying nice one mate is a crime? I'm guilty as charged then. I often go on to say something after I have said that, paticularly in the photo section

as you can see with the number of posts i have made i`m quite new to the site and i`m not put off with what i have read.this section seems to be for general banter -talk about other things than shooting.so where is the problem.if there has been any disrespect then fair enough.i agree with apb that it is quiet in the fields so there`s not much to talk about on the shooting side but i disagree with cranfield telling people to join a chat room.

I'm not sure if I'm one of the above Gentleman,

but this topic has opened up a right can of worms and I think its going to be a long one with lots of debate.

For me…..I agree with the comments that topics can sometimes spill over into other topics and there’s been a lot more topics on non hunting subjects.

"Is'nt that expected at this time of year on this forum".

I’m yet to be a 12 month member so I don’t know what this time of last year was like, but it’s the fact that there is little pigeon shooting, which results in members keeping in touch or contact with other members on various other topics.

I’m very surprised at the bans….Its like kicking the village idiot or local poacher out of town never to return. Come on guys it’s a free world and if they didn’t have any interest in the topic of pigeon shooting then they wouldn’t be so frequent visitors to the site would they.

MMMM I think I’m observing the first forum politics debate…could be much more interesting than what happens in the commons this one.

My opinion, let them write what they like and filter the subjects your interested in, It certainly makes me spend a little longer on the site, if there was any less it would be a 5 minute visit and I’m gone.

You have control but try to be diplomatic with the confused. :D

Happy days, theres my two pence worth.

The PM

Well im no pigeon shooter i shoot rabbits rats and pheasents and sometimes the odd pigeon if it flies over. I dont purposely go out and shoot Pigeons.

I read this forum for the shooting talk and the banter and a laugh.

I dont like vim but his pictures were good to look at as you knew he was out doing what he said he was.

I cannot stand it when good ite get like this bickering and banning ill look in when i can but i see no point in posting if this site is for pigeon shooters only.

Best of luck to you all.

Y.I.S

Jordan