swap a day or night

fourtrak73

• 3 weeks later...

Shame nobodys replied! Most of my shooting isnt worth you driving down here for, though I tend to get asked to make up numbers in local syndicates so when a spare place comes up i'll bear you in mind and see if I can sort something for you that will be worth coming over for.

Its always good to visit new places, best part of our sport if you ask me! Its a shame swops arnt more popular!

I have a cracking rabbit spot that is perfect for running the dog with a ferret, when the farmer takes his ewes off it might be good for you to bring your dog down if its broken to ferret.

Ian

Too many internet shooters these days !! Want picking up , hide set up ,. and birds to come in the droves , A lot of videos give a wrong impression i am afraid , , nowt wrong with a blank day if the company is right , , Shame as as I have said before , Its NOt just about the bag !

Prob get Flamed for this , But shooting has changed a fair bit in the last few years , Just my view ! . POW!

Too many internet shooters these days !! Want picking up , hide set up ,. and birds to come in the droves , A lot of videos give a wrong impression i am afraid , , nowt wrong with a blank day if the company is right , , Shame as as I have said before , Its NOt just about the bag !

Prob get Flamed for this , But shooting has changed a fair bit in the last few years , Just my view ! . POW!

im with u on this POW :good:

with you on this one mate been out today nothing to shout about but the crack was savage

cheers dave

Thanks I thought it was just me being a grumpy old man !! I have been let down SO many times its unreal ,

When shooting was a real passion of mine I was fortunate enough to be able to afford some expensive days , so rather than shoot alone I paid fpr a few to come along ,

Did not think it meant driving 70 miles to wake them , breakfast them , take them , they get drunk at dinner , bring them back , with out a thanks , [ YES I HAVE BEEN DAFT!!! ] , ,Thats it now , I usualy shoot alone ,

I dont even bother with swaps as it never works in my favor , BUT!!!, I still LOVE this hobby , One Genuine shooter makes it well worth the effort , POW

Thanks I thought it was just me being a grumpy old man !! I have been let down SO many times its unreal ,

When shooting was a real passion of mine I was fortunate enough to be able to afford some expensive days , so rather than shoot alone I paid fpr a few to come along ,

Did not think it meant driving 70 miles to wake them , breakfast them , take them , they get drunk at dinner , bring them back , with out a thanks , [ YES I HAVE BEEN DAFT!!! ] , ,Thats it now , I usualy shoot alone ,

I dont even bother with swaps as it never works in my favor , BUT!!!, I still LOVE this hobby , One Genuine shooter makes it well worth the effort , POW

Getting out in the countryside and having a bit of banter IS the best part about shooting. Any bag is a bonus as far as i'm concerned. If I had to shoot for the table, i'd be about 3 stone lighter lol.

Regarding the molly-coddling of folk who aren't willing to put-out themselves, They aren't worth the hassle. If somebody wants a shoot, they MUST be willing to put themselves out for it. It's only fair.

Valuable lessons learned, mate.

Pity you weren't nearer, we clearly share similar values!

Thanks , Its not just the younger shooters either , It apears to be the "Instant Shooter , "

I know the days of a taped up old hammergun are gone, Given 6 cartridge by the farmer and told unless hje gets 3 rabits ,or 3 pigeons you dont come back , was part of the old learning curve ,

I still know a few teenagers around here who as soon as home from school get the ferret and airgun out , and are willing to share the bag ,

None of these kids end up in drug gangs , more they are tractor drivers , then on to diggers or plant , I still shoot with lads I was at school with , often never see them only shoots , BUT , that bond us as strong as ever , how many kids now save a months pocket money just for cartridge ?? and if they do you bet your boots his Dad n Grandad shot also!!

These kids get NO special visits overseas like some of the local criminal youngsters ,

WHY cant people see shooting is more than a hobby it real becomes a way of life , CULLING not KILLING , has been my phrase for 50+ years now , I walk with my gun most days , Yes I am Lucky . but , if I did not do so with the opertunity I have I would be a Hypocrite ,

After a lifetime of Shooting I am still as passionate . I have had good and bad times , Been close to death on more than one occasion . made and lost plenty of friends , .

Recently I have found the Internet , You dont know how lucky you are . Letter wrighting , to arrange shoots around the country took a month to sort out , Plus if the Keeper took a dislike to you , your peg was , "Never the best", Paid shooting is subjective , but , its a way of getting started ,

There realy is [ in my book]never a bad days shooting , Because I am all ways learning every time I go out I never concider my self an Expert , but , its NICE to share what I have gleaned up to now with those willing to learn .

Sorry this is a long and rambling post , NOT sorry I am passionate about shooting !!! POW!

Thanks , Its not just the younger shooters either , It apears to be the "Instant Shooter , "

I know the days of a taped up old hammergun are gone, Given 6 cartridge by the farmer and told unless hje gets 3 rabits ,or 3 pigeons you dont come back , was part of the old learning curve ,

I still know a few teenagers around here who as soon as home from school get the ferret and airgun out , and are willing to share the bag ,

None of these kids end up in drug gangs , more they are tractor drivers , then on to diggers or plant , I still shoot with lads I was at school with , often never see them only shoots , BUT , that bond us as strong as ever , how many kids now save a months pocket money just for cartridge ?? and if they do you bet your boots his Dad n Grandad shot also!!

These kids get NO special visits overseas like some of the local criminal youngsters ,

WHY cant people see shooting is more than a hobby it real becomes a way of life , CULLING not KILLING , has been my phrase for 50+ years now , I walk with my gun most days , Yes I am Lucky . but , if I did not do so with the opertunity I have I would be a Hypocrite ,

After a lifetime of Shooting I am still as passionate . I have had good and bad times , Been close to death on more than one occasion . made and lost plenty of friends , .

Recently I have found the Internet , You dont know how lucky you are . Letter wrighting , to arrange shoots around the country took a month to sort out , Plus if the Keeper took a dislike to you , your peg was , "Never the best", Paid shooting is subjective , but , its a way of getting started ,

There realy is [ in my book]never a bad days shooting , Because I am all ways learning every time I go out I never concider my self an Expert , but , its NICE to share what I have gleaned up to now with those willing to learn .

Sorry this is a long and rambling post , NOT sorry I am passionate about shooting !!! POW!

Please forgive me for hyjacking this thread of the original poster , My passion overtook me once more , reading it back , I have nothing to retract , , it is part of what Great Britain is renowned for worldwide . its Shooting heritage , !! Gooid Shooting to you all , ang a happy and HEALTY Xmas . P