Flocking off the A12

Pedro

Coming home from work this afternoon I spotted a large flock of woodies on a field of rape just off the A12 on the left, after where the Margaretting junction joins, (heading north).

Looks like someones already on to it though, as there's a few of piles of pallets dotted around the field.

Good luck whoever you are :hmm:

P.

I was pigeon shooting on the next farm to that one on Saturday and they were in massive flocks then. One shot and they just ******** off to another field.

Yes, that's what they always do, so no surprises there..?? :hmm:

You need to anticipate their movements in advance and try and get the other fields covered in one way or another.

The best way is to get another gun covering that field or alternatively get some bird scaring banger ropes put out to keep them moving.

I can hear you saying "I don't have permission on that other farm", OK, but no farmer is going to object to you putting a sensibly placed banger rope out on the field for the day, provided you ask him first.

I've been having some good bags over rape already this year using these tactics, there's nothing worse than having the flightline to your field dry up only to watch them through the bino's piling onto a field just down the road.

I suppose it all depends on your outlook, if you're happy to sit there all day dozing & watching the world go by, that's fine, but my farmer friends like to hear lots of banging and see a few sacks of dead pigeons at the end of the day.

Cat.

Forgive my ignorance Cat. Could you expand on the banger rope? What is it, how does it work, where can you get them? Sounds a good plan...

Thanks in anticipation.

The ones I use are on this page here:

http://www.ecopro.co.uk/02/

You can get them from most good agricultural merchants, I paid £37 for a box of 12 last week, so they're not cheap.

You hang them up in a tree or on a post, light one end, they then go bang every half hour for the next 6 hours.

Cat.

Coming home from work this afternoon I spotted a large flock of woodies on a field of rape just off the A12 on the left, after where the Margaretting junction joins, (heading north).

Looks like someones already on to it though, as there's a few of piles of pallets dotted around the field.

Good luck whoever you are :good:

P.

Hi P.

I've noticed them all the way along the A12 right up 2 junc 22.

absolutely **** loads. They give me heart for when i arrive at my permission :yes: only to be let down 80% of the time :hmm:

never mind we shall keep trying!

turk101