How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time are you booked in to shoot the Clubman? If you are booked in early then it shouldn't take long to get it done, less than an hour I should think :lol:

If either of you want any tips for shooting skeet, just let me know, my rates are extremely competitive :P:good::yes:

You just made that list up. James Tinkler indeed. Where's Henry Corkpiece and George Ringtickler? :) B) :no:

Well done that man, a little bird told me you shot a mean bit of skeet :P

Which little bird? :rolleyes:

Edited by paulos

What time are you booked in to shoot the Clubman? If you are booked in early then it shouldn't take long to get it done, less than an hour I should think :lol:

If either of you want any tips for shooting skeet, just let me know, my rates are extremely competitive :P:good::yes:

Hopefully we should be shooting early on the Sunday morning; if so i'm up for shooting the 100 birder as well - would be a shame not too :) Is it a registered shoot??? :P

More than willing to accept a Skeet Masterclass from you :rolleyes:

What time are you booked in to shoot the Clubman? If you are booked in early then it shouldn't take long to get it done, less than an hour I should think :yes:

If either of you want any tips for shooting skeet, just let me know, my rates are extremely competitive :lol::rolleyes::good:

I'm not sure, Nick's arranged it, as he had nothing to do this week, just become a Dad and stuff like that :P:P:):no:

Hopefully we should be shooting early on the Sunday morning; if so i'm up for shooting the 100 birder as well - would be a shame not too :lol: Is it a registered shoot??? :good:

More than willing to accept a Skeet Masterclass from you :rolleyes:

It's not registered, although it is still shot by class - £100 in each :P

I'm not sure if having me point, shout, swear, mumble and contradict myself counts as a "Masterclass" :yes::P

skeet was invented for failed sporting shooters :lol::P:P

get to llandeg and ill show you, just dont shoot it like skeet shooters do. :good::yes:

What, with a cork up my harris, you mean? :) B) :no:

When are you at Llandegla then? I'll come and show you how to hit that high bird :P

I'll need to get a multi-entry visa for Wales soon :rolleyes:

Edited by Chard

would not dream of it babyfacedassassin :good::yes::lol:

but really!!! its not hard is it. :P:P

let me know if you fancy it chard.

Yes, I could do with a session. Do they do DTL at Llandeg..zzzzzzz....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I seem to remember an ancient stiff-looking person shambling off to shoot at something last time I was there. That would have been it, I expect :rolleyes:

Edited by Chard

I went over to the Fennes at Braintree with a couple of mates on saturday. We didn't score but I didn't miss many. I am now impressed with their set up. It is a good mix of birds. There is a couple of stands that are similar but nothing really the same.

I went over to the Fennes at Braintree with a couple of mates on saturday. We didn't score but I didn't miss many. I am now impressed with their set up. It is a good mix of birds. There is a couple of stands that are similar but nothing really the same.

I heard the same via someone's mate who knew some that had been but took it with a pinch of salt. Is it that much better than when we did the pump action challenge?

Put in an 86 (94 with handicap) today at Worsley to see me through to the semi-final round of the annual members knockout comp :blush:

Grant, the guy i shot against, put in an 80 (82 with handicap). Thoroughly nice guy and a very enjoyable round :lol:

Edited by Nicky T

easy :( :blush::lol:

nice one. hope you remembered everything :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Thanks ??? I remembered enough to get me through the round today, but should have been in the 90's really (without the handicap) if i'd consistently engaged my brain :hmm: Still chuffed to be in the semi's so roll on the next round :hmm:

Very well done Nick, I'm pleased you're through :good:

I shot an 88 today, but I have to say that I shot like a ******* ****. <_<

I threw the dummy out the pram big style today, and was thoroughly bad company (apologies chaps) :blush:

One of the stands was playing up and I'd had a couple of no birds, then the clay suddenly came (I hadn't called for it, Chris was just clearing the trap). Anyway, I went for it and missed. I am of the opinion that if a shooter opts to shoot at a bird, then he has accepted it as his shot. We are quick to say that we'll take it if we happen to hit a no bird :good: . I got annoyed with myself for being a **** and missed another one, then continued to be Mr Grumpy for the rest of the round :good: and missed a few more that should have been in the bag.

Craig (Timps) :lol: shot like a star and got a 95 :o .

Great shooting that man :good:

We had a bit of practice on the skeet and I shot that quite well. We couldn't be ***** keeping score but I got twenty-something, then we had another round. I was doing better, then the ******* power went off so that was that. ;)

Well done again Nick, good shooting :good:

Edited by Chard

consider yourself boll...ed chard. :good::lol:

95 is tops but no offence here, ;) but it must be easier than shooting skeet.

Well, it was certainly no competition course :blush: but it wasn't all gimmes. Couple of A class shooters in the 80-83 range, including Grant, but there was another 95 (Mike Faux). I think what you seem to have at Worsley these days is a load of bread and butter stands that should all be straighted really and about 3 stands which are tricky. Compared to that Welsh course it was like skeet, yes <_<

Nicely shot Chard and Craig that 95 is awesome - you must have shot stands 8 and 9 incredibly well :lol:

He did, that was the most noticeable thing about his shooting today. The stands that he normally struggles on (overhead stuff), he shot well. That's what made the difference.

Good cartridges those, Nick, though I only got as far as the High Velocity 9's before the power went off on the skeet :good:

I'll sort the dosh out with you at the weekend. When you said you'd left me some cartridges to try, I thought you meant a handful or two, not six ******* boxes ;)<_<:blush::good:

Edited by Chard