ruger 10/22

the-12bore-kid

All the 10/22 i have shot seem to shoot the same. Good thing about the 10/22 is you can add bits very easily have a look here you can change the trigger system, barrel most bits to take it from a very basic tool to a fine rifle when the cash lets you :no: I have changed just about everything on my one and it shoot very well indeed. Trouble i have it does not come out of the cabinet very much now as i always pick up the 17 hmr :good:

My only experience of firing a 10/22 included a complete disappointment at the fact that the bolt didn't stay open on the last shot. I do believe there is a fix to that though, as you really don't want that amazing bunny shot to be ruined by a "click' as the pin hits nothing but thin air!

Not sure about the barrels, just thought I'd put my input in!

The 10/22 is a fantastic rifle and easy to carry in the bush.. There are all sorts of mods that can be made on the rifle.. It is a tried and true design of Ruger.. Had Ruger's Mini 14 (.223) come out 10 years earlier we would be using those instead of the M16.. And as far as the bull barrel goes? It has added benefits? It adds weight to the rifle for steadier shots, removes much of the barrel resonance (vibration) and will keep barrel cooler.. It is worth the money :lol:

My opinion is? The stainless looks great, but stands out like a sore thumb if trying to conceal youself or your position, plus there is always the possibility of glare from the sun.. If soley used for target shooting? Go with the stainless.. :lol: No matter which you chose you will like :)