Hello from Bedfordshire

Dan73

Hi all - just a quick intro....

I'm Dan73 from the Beds/Bucks border, I'm just about to get my licence (FEO said max 2 weeks - this is the second week!!!!)

Not much experience with shotguns - several lessons and a dozen visits to a respectable clay ground with a good bunch of fellas who have shown me the ropes. My scores are gradually rising with each visit.

So, now that my licence is imminent - the $64k question - which gun? Although I'm naturally going to be looking at quite a few, hopefully trying them, I was hoping to get opinions, good and bad about the following:

Bettinsoli

Lincoln

Rottweil

Franchi

As you can see I am looking at the budget end of the market, and along with the above I will be looking at second hand Browning/Miroku & Beretta

Cheers for the comments - and Hi - again.

Dan73

Hi all - just a quick intro....

I'm Dan73 from the Beds/Bucks border, I'm just about to get my licence (FEO said max 2 weeks - this is the second week!!!!)

Not much experience with shotguns - several lessons and a dozen visits to a respectable clay ground with a good bunch of fellas who have shown me the ropes. My scores are gradually rising with each visit.

So, now that my licence is imminent - the $64k question - which gun? Although I'm naturally going to be looking at quite a few, hopefully trying them, I was hoping to get opinions, good and bad about the following:

Bettinsoli

Lincoln

Rottweil

Franchi

As you can see I am looking at the budget end of the market, and along with the above I will be looking at second hand Browning/Miroku & Beretta

Cheers for the comments - and Hi - again.

Dan73

hi fella welcome to pigeon watch... depending on were abouts it is you live and your willingness and capability to travel i know a good shop in bedford, if your looking for a shooty new or second hand Bedford Country Pursuits on castle road in bedford are is a good place, the guy that owns it, tony i think his name is, is an ace gu great help gave me all the info i needed when i brought my air rifle, he is really helpful and stocks shottys air rifles (springers and PCP's) Rifles... he also has a great range of gear such as clothing and decoys and such, if you need a hand pop in and see him (if you get the chance) he is an ace fella and if you need kitting out on a budget he cna help you, here is a link to the website >>>CLICKY<<< he is a cool guy i dont know him personally but he is really helpful i didnt have a clue what i needed when i first went in with my mum and he told me everything i needed to know, and as for a shotgun, i dont have a clue :lol: planning to get my SGC in feb. but i would say a good website (shown to me by my cousin) is >>>Clicky<<< brill website thats were i found out about Bedford Country Pursuits lol great website check it out will show you guns from all across the country and with a great variation of price... look forward to seeing you on the forums...

Enjoy And Welcome

Mark

:yes:

Edited by mark_mjs93

Thanks Duncan

Mark - thanks for the info - I've found Bedford Country Pursuits and I am planning a trip to them in a couple of weeks time (as well as about half a dozen other shops in Herts, Beds, Bucks, Northants and Oxfordshire...)

Cheers

Dan73

Thanks Duncan

Mark - thanks for the info - I've found Bedford Country Pursuits and I am planning a trip to them in a couple of weeks time (as well as about half a dozen other shops in Herts, Beds, Bucks, Northants and Oxfordshire...)

Cheers

Dan73

cool PM me to let me know how you get on, looking forward to reading your future posts...

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome i am from bedfordshire as well nice you meet you, i am newish as well and got a browning over and under 12 gauge lol. beretta are one of the lights guns and best make but very costly. Most guns are the same its just how you use it makes you a good or bad shooter lol. Getting a gun from a gun shop is a good idea as they can help you and if something goes wrong you can take it babe, good luck on getting your gun. :good:

Thanks all,

I actually ended up getting a new Bettinsoli Diamond from R & K Stockcraft in MK - side note: fantastic service, very helpful and knowledgeable. Spent ages with me making sure it fitted etc....

Only used it once though - a combination of this weather, family/friend commitments means that I am gagging to get out and put a good 100 carts through it.........roll on next Saturday when I have a day release ticket from the wife....

The next thing for this year is to find a Pigeon permission near where I live - I think I'll get a day or two guided first though.

I found 'Thames Valley Shooting' from a Google search - good website, appears to be a good, clean, honest service which they provide - does anyone have experience using them?

Cheers

Dan73