cant wait to get stuck in

TX Sniper

unfortunatly it was still as anything but i still managed a pigeon and 3 jackdaws with my mate having a pigeon 3 jackdaws and 2 crows. If we had stayed at the top end of the wood where the crows etc are we probably could of had a few more. We'll know for next time.

Open choke matey, trust me.

LB is right in my opinion, roosting pigeons are at or just above tree top height and open chokes are best at that range, I always use No 7 shot.

was using 1/4 and 2/4 which i find a great allround choke set up. carts were gamebore clearpigeon no.6 30g, normally i use 30g 5's. normally at my mates wood and on the neighbouring estate the woods are high and as we all know crows can take some bringing down so i prefer 5's. Hopefully going on sunday as i cant on sat due to work

forget that open choke malarky. Shoot straight and kill em cleanly. Open chokes wont add any more to the bag, longer birds will be pricked, it doesn't matter who you are. My prefered combination is Beretta xtrema, kicks full choke and 36 gram of 5s and 6s. Hit them with that combination and woodies dead right out to fifty plus yards.

Using open chokes such as cylinder and quarter is fine to 30 yards but on your average roost shoot in a strong wind your second shot will often be a lot further and open chokes will not consistently do the job. Tighten up you wont miss many more and your dog will be far happier at the easier workload.

Went roost shooting today with the local wildfowling club in the scottish borders,ended up with 250ish birds from 18 guns in 3 hours,

Everyone was commenting on the large amount of birds in the woods,also it was very windy,and everyone fired a large amount of shots for said result.

It looks like the pigeons have arived in this area,best of luck to everyone,

regards David.