New air rifle

mark_mjs93

hi, i've recently been thinking of getting a 2nd air rifle, i already have a Gamo Whisper X .22 Break barrel air rifle, im looking at geting a 2nd air rifle, preferably break barrel, because i dont have an FAC but one day when i have more experience i will apply for one, im looking for a break barrel air rifle, which is powerl enough to bring down rabbits ect, im going to take a look on guntrader.co.uk but i would like some recomendations from you guys...

thanks and happy shooting

Mark

:good:

if you have a springer already why not try a precharged you wont be disappointed, and you don't need an fac to own a rifle up to 12fps be it spring or precharged, if you are thinking of going down the fac route in the future then my advice would be to go for a precharged under 12fps and go for a model that can be improved to fac levels of power when you are ready

if you have a springer already why not try a precharged you wont be disappointed, and you don't need an fac to own a rifle up to 12fps be it spring or precharged, if you are thinking of going down the fac route in the future then my advice would be to go for a precharged under 12fps and go for a model that can be improved to fac levels of power when you are ready

hi shoot, well i know that you do not need a license for a rifle under 12fps but i have read that you need an FAC for PCP's, if this isnt true then i can widen my market, :no: as for budget well, i am going to get the opinions of people and if i see a rifle i like i am going to say for it, and this gives me a slightly larger budget but i dont want to put a marker down, because i found that with my first rifle i saved for months on end and finally got it and whilst saving for a new one i still have my whisper X :good: looking forward to hearing peoples opinions on guns, ill look at the HW77K AND THE HW97K now and see what i think...

You dont need a fac for a pcp air rifle as long as its power is under 12flbs. As for charging a pcp you can use a manual pump or get a diving bottle and adaptor.

The pump would be a pain the ****/shoulder/back if you had to fill up a buddy bottle type air resevior like on the s16,stealth and other pcp that have a large shot capacity.

I had an early s16 and found it to be pellet fussy, the only pellet i found accurate was accupells. They are heavy, so if your a light build or are going to be lugging it about for hours youl find your arms get longer! They are solid though, so much so i rekon you could beat a bull to death with it and it would still shoot straight. You have to be posotive and firm with the cocking action as a number of times when friends have used mine they double feed pellets because they havnt been firm enough with it. I did quite like mine, especially for ratting as the stock mounted laser option worked a treat.

On the whole though i would say there are many better multi shot pcp's out there for the same or even less money.

Hope this helps.

You dont need a fac for a pcp air rifle as long as its power is under 12flbs. As for charging a pcp you can use a manual pump or get a diving bottle and adaptor.

The pump would be a pain the ****/shoulder/back if you had to fill up a buddy bottle type air resevior like on the s16,stealth and other pcp that have a large shot capacity.

I had an early s16 and found it to be pellet fussy, the only pellet i found accurate was accupells. They are heavy, so if your a light build or are going to be lugging it about for hours youl find your arms get longer! They are solid though, so much so i rekon you could beat a bull to death with it and it would still shoot straight. You have to be posotive and firm with the cocking action as a number of times when friends have used mine they double feed pellets because they havnt been firm enough with it. I did quite like mine, especially for ratting as the stock mounted laser option worked a treat.

On the whole though i would say there are many better multi shot pcp's out there for the same or even less money.

Hope this helps.

great help ta, keep recomending people thanx

I've got the Logun Solo .177 PCP to which I fitted the Logun 10 shot mag.

Very accurate, 100 shots per fill (£1 at my local gun shop) and I have taken down rabbits, pigeons and squirrels with head shots at up to 30 yards.

Ian