Never seen this b4

turk101

Hi all,

Went out on saturday, had quite a poor day shot 2 woodies anyway decided to pluck them both at the end of the day.

Something tells me this woodie has either been shot b4 (and survived to tell the story) or it has some sort of cancer!

The only thing that confused me was the fact that it was flying full throttle and looked quite healthy in itself!

what do u all think?

ps: i'll add some more 2morrow (struggling with resizing them, running late for work)

sorry folks

turk101

post-65-1232401580.jpg

Looks a bit thin and manky, I'd probably avoid it. It could be a disease, I see loads of birds with swelling and lumps etc.

On the subject, garyb and I were skinning rabbits we'd shot and we found a perfectly mushroomed bullet lodged in it's leg. It was one of our rounds, but amazed it stayed inside. He might stick a picture up if he sees this.

Why pluck 'em? Take the breasts off, it's all the worthwhile meat there is

highlander, depends what mood i'm in, i'll eat virtually the whole bird, and if i don't the dog will! ???

Looks a bit thin and manky, I'd probably avoid it. It could be a disease, I see loads of birds with swelling and lumps etc.

Harfordwmj, I actually left it for the foxes. would'nt chance that! NO WAY!

regards

turk101