new alloy seat from shootwarehouse

kdubya

Keith,

I don't have one .. quite like the design and it appears robust enough, I am tempted but not committed .. would have to try it first and 29 quid aint cheap :(

May wait until I see one at a game fair ....

My problem is shooting while sitting, straight out in front or committed birds are fine but crossers left to right or vise versa and directly overhead, I have to stand up. Been shooting for 35 years and have allways been the same, no chance of me changing and I don't want to change .... which leads me to the folding action of the seat. .. Every time I stand up will the cushion fold, no great problem, but every time I sit down do I have to hold the cushion with one hand and my gun with one hand ?? :blink: also I imagine looking backwards to make sure me bum goes in the right place :*)

I have used the drum inside a kit bag for 20 years and it's as near perfection that I will ever want .. just a bit to bulky hence my reason for looking ....

You buy one and tell us what it's like ??? :blink: :blink: :)

You buy one and tell us what it's like

bit the bullet and stumped up for one? arrived today so it will be "tested" tommorrow? planning on going to two sites tommorrow (depending) on when the 1st dries up so it will get a good try out I will let you know?

cheers keith

I'm interested in seeing what this seat looks like and how easily it can be transported. BTW, roughly how much money is 29 quid? :*)

I've seen swivel seats that attach to the top of a 5 gallon bucket being sold by Cabela's and they look fairly practical (can carry goodies in the bucket) though the final seating position might be a bit too low for me. Like others here, I prefer to be on my feet when shooting at birds that are scattering in different directions and getting up from a low seat could be problematic.

And as long as I'm wishing for the moon, a back rest would also be a neat option.

I've got a camo fold-up seat that was given to me as a gift a number of years ago though I've not yet had a chance to use it. It comes with a carrying case equipped with shoulder strap and is fairly light weight.

El Gringo

I was thinking of getting one too, as i also like a higher seat than the bucket type. I have got a fishing stool, but find that if i'm sat in a hedge bottom that is a bit unlevel, it can be a bit awkward and uncomfortable, which should'nt be a problem with the new seat.

Oh dear the juries still out on this one? light enough but it does "dig in" both the stabilser/ "arms" sink into soft ground! then of course they wont fold back till you have spent time digging the mud out of them? and its a bit rocky? that said the height adjustment is spot on and its comfortable to sit on, try it again tommorrow on a different (hopefully) firmer bit of land.

cheers keith

true they might not sink in but? ! it cost me a tennerx2 repairing the straps when the stiching gave way!! have had one? tried all sorts, still like my 3 leg canvas seat (£3) just the ground locally is so soft its a joke dont think it will ever dry out

cheers Keith

bloody 'ell mate!!! :lol:;)

If the stitching has failed, get it back to us ASAP, and we'll post a new one. Give us a bell tomorrow and I'll get onto it.

(goes off to look for order details...)

Deako.

:(

(...finds order details)...Keith, was it order ID: D272508192:

23 October 2003...these are the only details we have apart from the magnet you bought a little while ago?

Edited by Deako

no probs deako, bag is long gone was worth a try but I dont travel light? by the time 3 nets, a couple of batteries, poles, flask, carts, shells etc got stuffed in im not surprised it gave up easy? I do like the magnet mind? but it does need a quick blast of matt green on the arm spigots (they flash like hell in sunlight)

cheers Keith

Kdubya,

You said you do like your 3 leg stool if you could stop it sinking in.

Have you tried this, a piece of either plywood or canvas slightly bigger than the legs triangular distance with 3 pockets or stops to hold the feet base, punch some holes about 25mm dia and it grips on soft earth and mud.I have adapted an office swivel chair, multi lightning holes (like a piece of gorgonzola) and a folding foot spreader plate, cost free from work but you could find them on the tip.