Basc

para90

As I said above, I will be very happy to send a free cabinet sticker to any PW member if they PM me their postal.

I hope they will be available very soon.

Size will be about 10cm by 2.5cm or so - full colour - BASC logo.

I iwill also be selling them for £2.50 at shows and events and by mail order

David

they give £10,000,000 third party insurance, you get a cool car window sticker, and a cool walet for all the bits and peices they send you and your license and such...

oh and you get the shooting and conservation magazine, cant remember if its like every 2 monthes or something...

and whole load of other stuff heres a link... >>>>CLICKY<<<<

so what are the exact bennefits of joining basc

You get a glossy magazine with Swifty's smug face grinning at you through the mail periodiacally.

You get them dreaming up new ways to appease that Mr Hitler and promising peace in our time - bag limits etc.

You get them keeping schtum whenever new firearms laws are on the horizon provided it doesn't affect those nice pheasant shooting chaps what what.

Glad that the vast majority of you are happy with what BASC offers and delivers. :shifty:

Of course there will always be those that do not want to pay the BASC fees or those that do not buy into BASC's objectives, fair enough fee country and we are all grown ups. :good:

Our firearms and political team are constantly on the case trying to make firearms law is fair and equal to all, not keeping quiet like some say! Bag limits- matter of personal conscience I would say - wouldn't you? We have the Code of Good Shooting Practice, a code endorsed by all the main shooting organisations- I think that says it all. :good:

It is true that you can get insurance for £20 or less, it is true you can get loads of info off of the web, including this excellent forum, and there are plenty of shooting magazines out there. And if that is the path you choose then that is fine, others (the vast majority) choose to join BASC to support BASC's objectives and to help BASC to deliver on those objectives, and thus play their part in keeping shooting safe for the future. Thanks to all who support BASC. :blink:

David ???

Glad that the vast majority of you are happy with what BASC offers and delivers. :shifty:

Of course there will always be those that do not want to pay the BASC fees or those that do not buy into BASC's objectives, fair enough fee country and we are all grown ups. :good:

Our firearms and political team are constantly on the case trying to make firearms law is fair and equal to all, not keeping quiet like some say! Bag limits- matter of personal conscience I would say - wouldn't you? We have the Code of Good Shooting Practice, a code endorsed by all the main shooting organisations- I think that says it all. :good:

It is true that you can get insurance for £20 or less, it is true you can get loads of info off of the web, including this excellent forum, and there are plenty of shooting magazines out there. And if that is the path you choose then that is fine, others (the vast majority) choose to join BASC to support BASC's objectives and to help BASC to deliver on those objectives, and thus play their part in keeping shooting safe for the future. Thanks to all who support BASC. :blink:

David ???

In Davids and BASC's deffence, im not a BASC member, but im sure if i PM'd David a question, he would help me out without giving it a thought.

Personally I don't have a lot of spare cash(retired early owing to injury) but I am happy to pay BASC as I have had excellent service from them. Must admit I was a bit miffed to find some had been given "gifts" to convert to direct debit when I didn't but that's a minor matter,nice to know help/reassurance is just a phone call away.

Fair point Drut - we do sometimes offer incentives to members to pay by DD at shows and events, when one of our trade members offers us some gifts to give out.

Lurch, thanks for that, we do our best but I accept we cannot please all the people all the time, and I accept that not everyone will like BASC for their own reasons - but at the end of the day we are all shooters - and we should not loose site of that - we all want to see shooting flourish. ???

Martin, yes I will always try my best to help members of this forum, whether they are BASC members or not :lol:

BUT the more advanced forms of help and support like direct dealings with land lords, firearms officers, courts, national organisations, local government bodies etc is something that is limited to BASC members as they have paid for it - hope you understand that there will always be a limit on what we can reasonably do 'free of charge' for non members.

However, the work we do with the UK Parliament,, European governments, DEFRA, ACPO, the many consultation documents we reply to, the media monitoring and campaigns we run, etc that meet our prime objectives benefits ALL shooters. :yes:

David

they give £10,000,000 third party insurance, you get a cool car window sticker, and a cool walet for all the bits and peices they send you and your license and such...

oh and you get the shooting and conservation magazine, cant remember if its like every 2 monthes or something...

and whole load of other stuff heres a link... >>>>CLICKY<<<<

Well now, I haven't got any experience with the BASC, but feel that I can't be much wrong with the NGO same insurance value, A hell of a GOOD pen and a CAR STICKER and and and .................... an NGO coat thingy !!! :good::beer::good::D:D:D B) B) B) :good::yes::hmm::P:P:P:P:P