Basc

para90

i was a member of basc a few years ago when you got a peice of cardboard with your name and number on it .

rejoined a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed by the package that came through the door .

v neat wallet with sorted slots for your various cards insurance and the like ,all looking impressive and would not be embarassed to show to farmers and landowners in search of new ground seems to have stepped up its game all in very good taste .....cheers basc

:good::yes:

Certainly looks better than it used to. Very happy with Basc but thinking of changing to CA as they offer quarterly payments and given the current economic climate may have to go that way to stay insured and represented. Shame as as already said I am pleased with Basc, and all my land owners recognise it as the prefered option for shooters on their land.

Yeah I was very happy with BASC, rang them the other day to ask them advice about the location of my cabinet and such and they were very helpful and had a ncie chat with them on the phone. The guys were very friendly. :good:

Thanks for the feedback.

As I may have mentioned before, we are looking to move to a plastic card, I think I have identified a supplier who can do it for the same price as the current one.

Yes we do send out letter requesting donations from time to time if there is a specific need- typically once every 2 years, but if you do not want to get them you can ask not to receive anything from BASC apart from the mag and your card and your annual membership reminder. :sly:

The firearms team are excellent and a true credit to BASC, as are the other teams, but many of the others do not have quite such a high profile are firearms. I think we sometimes do not get across properly the effectiveness of our political and media work. :friends:

Lurch, I hope I am never on fire when you are around! :birthday:

Best wishes to all.

David

Certainly looks better than it used to. Very happy with Basc but thinking of changing to CA as they offer quarterly payments and given the current economic climate may have to go that way to stay insured and represented. Shame as as already said I am pleased with Basc, and all my land owners recognise it as the prefered option for shooters on their land.

Maybe David could raise this at the next gathering of great minds. Im sure they would be happy to consider it.

Style over substance?

I'd be happy with biro on a bog roll provided they did the blag in terms of PR and lobbying.

If it weren't for the firearms team I wouldn't **** on them if they were on fire.

Lurch, I have missed you and your toung in cheek banter, what have you been up too?

Cabinet stickers- chased the supplier this morning- (happy to send one free to you guys that raised it in the first place when they are available- a couple of weeks I would guess- just PM me you address)

Phased payments - already in discussion but will not come in during 2009.

David

yes, but in discussion is better than not at all. :sly:

:sly::birthday::friends::drinks:

ya no its just a positve comment on the package guys huh! but ya always get the .......is the pigeon half dead ......or is it half alive .........is my pint half empty or half full :drinks:??

if you came to my door with a peice of bogroll on fire .....id set the hounds on you .

come on guys its all good .....happy shooting

i cannot see why everyone 'slags' them just for there high prices. ok maybe there prices are steep, but maybe if they wernt we wouldnt get the same exellent quality advice and service and maybe they wouldnt without the funding be the biggest voice of shooting.

personally i think the are the dogs' and i am going to be a member until i can no longer lift a gun, as they have helped me so much in the aquisition of my FAC and i went through alot of hassel from the local police about my age regarding supervision and what not.

i would like to publicly say without the basc I PROBABLY WOULDNT HAVE THE RIGHTS ON MY FAC THAT THE LAW SAYS I SHOULD

big up matt in the firearms department if you would david :sly::birthday::friends:

im with BASC for life

David BASC

Normally I pay cash. This year Im a bit skint so ive sent of my Direct debit form for monthly payments. Just got my new card yesterday, but no details of how much il be paying or when the payments come out.

Do I get another letter explaining or am I expected to ring up and ask ?

Il be asking the letters to stop then ! We dont all shoot purdeys you know ???

Just a thought, but until BASC brings in phased payments, and given that things are going to be tight anyway I will let you know what I have done-

I have set up another bank account - interest bearing (although not much!) into which I put a sum of money each month by standing order- this builds up over the year so by October I have enough to pay for my BASC sub, my clay pigeon club sup and my pigeon shooting club sub. The smaller amount I save each month is not really missed, and the fact it is in a separate account means I tend not do 'dip' into it until the shooting bills start arriving.

Just a thought.

David

your exactly right. but i didn't think of that a year ago and now i'm just to impatient.

perhaps i should stop spending money on stupid things lets face £77 for me and the missus for a years membership isn't much especialy if i ever needed to use the insurance! which i hope i never do.

perhaps i'll start saving for next year now.

Cabinet stickers- chased the supplier this morning- (happy to send one free to you guys that raised it in the first place when they are available- a couple of weeks I would guess- just PM me you address)

Phased payments - already in discussion but will not come in during 2009.

David

coooool!!! cabinet sticker!!!! ???

yes im excited - does take much to excite me on a dreary january morning when in work!

ps phased payments are a great idea imho

Edited by babbyc1000