Not a bad day for a novice

Hi everybody this topic it's nothing special, I just want to tell you what a good day I had.

Went out this morning 9,00 AM on this field that I,ve been shooting on for the last 4 months with my new rotary machine but unfortunally too much wind today to use it, instead I've placed some shell and 2 floaters but the ******* were landing in some oaks nearby. I've moved near the oaks placed the shells and the floaters and by magic they were coming into the killing zone and strange enough I was hitting them well with an end bag of 46.

Not bad for a novice, moral at 110% can't wait for next saturday.

Cheers Lads

Mark

hi marco

nice shooting mate i also went out this morning set up at 10.30am and before i could get my gun out after setting the decoys the birds were coming into the pattern on (on osr)

i shot 26 in two hours but missed loads :*) i have been suffering with my back for the last week so had to come home at 2.30pm but never really saw a bird for the last hour and a half anyway (not really sure why this was) anyone any ideas ?

might go out again tomorrow for an hour or so on a different field but nice and early hopefully why the pigeons are still hungry ???

cheers shawn

ps anyone else had a good day :blink:

never really saw a bird for the last hour and a half anyway (not really sure why this was) anyone any ideas ?

might go out again tomorrow for an hour or so on a different field but nice and early hopefully why the pigeons are still hungry ???

cheers shawn

ps anyone else had a good day :blink:

Last Saturday the pigeons stopped at 11-30. I went home at 13-00.

Think its a siesta for pigeons :blink:

I had to go to a meeting today and my mate kept texting me telling me how many he'd shot, ended up with 57 over decoys and another 15 as they went to roost. ARRGGGHHHHH !!!!!!!!. If the wind holds up he's going to have another bash tomorrow but I've commited to going ferreting DOUBLE ARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

No doubt in my mind that this windy weather has made for better shooting, supposed to get colder as well with possibility of snow down here.

I had to go to a meeting today and my mate kept texting me telling me how many he'd shot, ended up with 57 over decoys and another 15 as they went to roost. ARRGGGHHHHH !!!!!!!!. If the wind holds up he's going to have another bash tomorrow but I've commited to going ferreting DOUBLE ARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

No doubt in my mind that this windy weather has made for better shooting, supposed to get colder as well with possibility of snow down here.

You would love it here then OR its blowing a hoolie at the moment and hopefully tommorrow too :blink: