Damascus Blade.

Bazooka Joe

Decided I'm going to make myself a decent knife, so steel being the main ingredient, I'm wanting a Blank Damascus Blade, preferably 6" long, with a 4" handle, wide, drop point.

I've trawled the Web but haven't come across anything I like, so, has anyone got a decent link that might fit my needs.

Cheers,

BJ.

Decided I'm going to make myself a decent knife, so steel being the main ingredient, I'm wanting a Blank Damascus Blade, preferably 6" long, with a 4" handle, wide, drop point.

I've trawled the Web but haven't come across anything I like, so, has anyone got a decent link that might fit my needs.

Cheers,

BJ.

Check this link out then PM me your needs

http://www.internetgunclub.com/phpBB/viewt...44&forum=38

Wabbit

Hi WB, interesting thread...but I want to make this myself, thanks for the offer. I've an old Damascus 12g myself, but before I decide to doctor it into the shape I need, I thought I would have a look around the Net first.

I've seen a few, but there not excatly what I want, so I'm not wanting to rush into things. Basically I was looking for a link that maybe I didn't find on google.

Thanks for the reply,

BJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, & the link. :)

KR, that's a cracking link, some excellent Damascus Steel as well, some £10 an inch, sounds like our lass...lol...what, so it'll cost £30 then, I hear an echo.. :(

Stuart I've the latest catalog from Attleborough's, they used to do a few a couple of years ago, but not now, mainly all Stainless Steel.

What I've done lately is acquired a set of Damascus Barrels from a member on this site, I know my intention was to start with a ready made blade, but I want to make my own, & a bit crack on the mobile changed my mind. So buying a ready made Damascus Billet is last on the list, mind you, looking at KR link I'm very temped at a few of the patterns.

So the process starts, I'm on with making a Small Gas Forge, to suit my needs, it'll also come in for a few other projects. Up till now I've heated & separated the barrels/top & bottom ribs, cut one to length, split it, & now it's ready to Forge.

So until the rest of the gear lands, I'm at a stand still,

Cheers,

BJ.

Edited by Bazooka Joe

• 2 weeks later...