Land Rover

Cosd

theres nothing gay about a freelander. i get all the abuse for having one, with it being a hairdressers car and all that , however they all were very impressed with its offroad capabilities. the proofs in the pudding. with some chunky tyres on it, it looks completely differnt anyhow and is very far from a hairdressers car.

I went down to our local land rover dealership and was looking around the new Freelander 2 with a view to buying second hand on the net or private.

The salesman came telling me how good it was and I said the only problem I had was with the Freelanders nickname which is "gaylander" well after he went blue in the face he offered me a half day off road experience with Land Rover to see if I still called it a Gaylander.

Is that experience going to include demonstrations of the disco/ range rover/ defender ability? If so, you'll be back to calling it a gaylander when you see what they can do off road.... :hmm:

Is that experience going to include demonstrations of the disco/ range rover/ defender ability? If so, you'll be back to calling it a gaylander when you see what they can do off road.... :good:

I went with the intention of looking around them as I quiet like them but that is their nickname I have never been in one so not really got an opinion about it but it does look ok to me.

I am not sure what the experience entails as I have not booked it yet.

in may 2004 we bought a brand new freelander 1.8 petrol se model in black with all the trimmings, lovely motor, drove well, mrs felt safe in it with baby on the way, all was good.. For about 6 months.. Then all went bad. In the first two years it went back to the dealership 12 times had various things changed on it each time but never found the problem! My mrs got stranded with a young baby more times than i can remember in the bloody thing. The only good thing was the 'landrover assistance' always came out within an hour and provided a top of the range courtesy car, we had new discoveries, jags and other freelanders(boo) all brand new and kept them for up to 3 weeks at a time. There was a certain red light that kept coming on and a weird noise coming from the engine each time it broke down. I looked in the manual about this light and it said to stop driving immediatly, switch off the engine and contact landrover asap. Very worrying the first few times but eventually we just looked forward to having the replacement vehicle for a couple of weeks. Eventually we chopped it in for a new bmw,had that 2 years now and no problems whatsoever(touch wood). Maybe we were unlucky with the freelander and bought a duff one, but i'd never, ever have another one(discovery yes,range rover yes)

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see the encap saftey test results on top gear....the freelander is only a 3* vehicle...i wouldnt my wife and kids in 1....the 30mph test they did folded the pedals up,crumbled the roof up....was a right mess....better about for that kinda money... :good:

Did anyone see the encap saftey test results on top gear....the freelander is only a 3* vehicle...i wouldnt my wife and kids in 1....the 30mph test they did folded the pedals up,crumbled the roof up....was a right mess....better about for that kinda money... :oops:

Yes I saw that - none too impressed with the Gaylanders myself- I had a 1.8 petrol- more trouble than theyre worth

1.8 Rover engine *** :good::lol::lol: wouldnt pull you outa bed :oops: and no off road capabliulty at all when compared to my Landrove Defender 90

Les :sly:

Edited by Lez325