BBC lunch time news

leaseone

And why should he? I haven't done a DSC or a health and hygiene course (through choice not ignorance by the way). But then again I don't sell the deer I shoot. Sorry mate but I find your post a little elitist. You don't know the person who posted the question so you don't know their circumstances. He could be a butcher or work in a slaughterhouse for all you know.

Why was it your choice not to do the course DAve? I had to them as a FC requirement or my stalking would be finished. As you haven't done the courses, even though you don't sell the meat, are you confident you can identify disease in the carcass? Specifically anthrax and TB. It's not elitist, any more than being able to drive because I have the relevant licenses for that. It doesn't really matter if he is a butcher or a slaughterman, it's not really the appropriate training for stalking, any more than being a painter and decorator is somehow then able to churn out works of art oil paintings.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the deer were not for human consumption what would you do with them?

fox bait .

as i said pest and vermin to some.

Not what people like to hear or see, but true.

exactly, if they need to be culled to prevent damage to farmland and woodland and road accidents then fundamentally the meat value is secondary after the culling. If you can shoot foxes and are trusted with a centre fire then there really isn't any difference. Its just in the financial interest of certain organisations to push for DSC etc to be compulsory

exactly, if they need to be culled to prevent damage to farmland and woodland and road accidents then fundamentally the meat value is secondary after the culling. If you can shoot foxes and are trusted with a centre fire then there really isn't any difference. Its just in the financial interest of certain organisations to push for DSC etc to be compulsory

got it all in one there al. :good: