roll on saturday

digger

the farm i shoot on is forty miles away and got word today that the rape is blue with woodies.downside is i cant go til saturday as i have to finish the job im on.just taken the dog out and we have a good covering of snow,enough to show the rape but not so much as they wont be able to see the decoys.god i wish it was friday night !

rape is blue with woodies

OK...I feel dumb for asking this but I've read the word used here many times...what is it you are referring to when you use the word "rape"?

Oil seed rape. At this time of year there is about 4 or 5 inch showing. Pigeons feed on this crop at this time of year

10b7e170.jpg

Jonno

Edited by jonno 357

spoke to the land owner this evening and he says they are ignoring the gas gun but even so he will turn it off on thurs afternoon.looks like the weather will be in my favour as a thaw is on the cards but will be a stiff breeze on saturday.

will take the camera and post pictures on sunday if i have managed to thaw out.

im 37 and behaving like this is my first time,need to get a grip :*)

Its a foot thick in snow where I am, and the fields are too clogged with snow to lay deeks........roost shooting is the order or the day...... again!!!! Had some good sessions over the last couple of weeks, most action coming between 4.30 and 5.00......... :lol:

Where I am, the birds, filter into about three small woods, late afternoon, before the mass exedos into the fir. ...................cant get into the fir as its Forrestry Commisions.......................shame really!!!!! :rolleyes:

Paul in North Lincs.

set up at half eight after walking over five hundred pigeons off the field.hour later hadnt even dirtied my barrel.moved on the advice of the farmer to another field,he even helped me carry my gear !

shot three then as per usual saw a huge flock about eighty yards up vanish over the horizon.

moved for the final time to a small spinney that is at the end of a conifer hedge and for just over two and a half hours had almost constant shooting.none of the birds looked at the pattern or magnet with the intention of decoying so it was like a whole afternoon of roost shooting.

ended the day with 40 woodies,three crows,a magpie and a stoat.

Its a foot thick in snow where I am, and the fields are too clogged with snow to lay deeks........roost shooting is the order or the day...... again!!!! Had some good sessions over the last couple of weeks, most action coming between 4.30 and 5.00......... :D

Where I am, the birds, filter into about three small woods, late afternoon, before the mass exedos into the fir. ...................cant get into the fir as its Forrestry Commisions.......................shame really!!!!! :D

Paul in North Lincs.

Hi Paul can you clear a patch of snow -if so it will act as a PIGEON MAGNET :lol: Honestly try it, if you can, clear a region of OSR using a brush or branch and set up some deeks and a floater/magnet for the added movement ;)