.17hmr sako quad

deadeye

Good for you deadeye. A scope with re-setable turrets is ideal for the Quad if it's a sidewheel type as these are shorter than adjustable objective scopes. Look for fairly high mounts and Bob's your uncle. My Bushnell was the best scope I found for the job if you intend using more than one barrel.

Here's some info if anyone is interested:

Sako Quad barrel changes

Still waiting on my .17 Quad, 7 weeks later and . . . . . nothing! I've heard the same from other people after Sako rifles, one bloke who has ordered a .308 from the same RFD as me has been told it won't be there until the end of March/middle of April!! Surely they don't make rifles to order!? Or maybe they send their couriers on foot?! :welcomeani::lol:

Anyway i'm picking up a SAK mod and MTC Viper (4-16) for it this weekend so now i'll be able to silently spy on the RFD until it comes in :lol:

Mark

Guest topshot_2k
Not a fan of heavy barrels. I got one on my 22-250 and it's just a complete lump to carry around...

I wasnt but it is a benefit when fireing off lots of rounds (lamping in the summer months).

Guest topshot_2k
i have heard nothing but good about savage. their reputation is a highly accurate rifle at a good price.

that .17hmr hornady v schock polymer tip is an amazing little round.

Yes i cant fault it. I do like the sako quad though and as i also have a .22lr and .22WMR on my FAC i could have got it all in one rifle :welcomeani:

Have you tried the 20gr hollow points?