Silencer Opinions

donkeymagic

Hello Gang

Im after a new Silencer to fit on my BSA Hornet that i currently use for lamping.

In the very near future i am about to get a Night Vision kit. Im going for a Soviet Bazaar style job that you attach to the rear of your existing riflescope.

This means im making my rifle even heavier than it is already.

Ive been using an 8" Webley BBMF, ive used it on a few rifles and its easily the most effective silencer i have. Unfortunatley it weighs the best part of 500g.

So im basically after the most effective silencer for its weight. This is where i need your opinion.

Ive heard that the silencer on the Weihrauch HW100 is impressive and light too. This is what i was going to go for but if anybody can reccomend any others then im all ears!

Cheers

My Parker Hale moderator is alluminium and weighs next to nothing. The modern ones are heavier. The moving-parts moderators are slightly more noisy. The airgun moderators have the same thread.

It shouldn't be a problem getting one on a certificate these days. I'm just renewing mine and have a .223 on order. The visiting police firearms chap suggested I have a moderator for it!

Donkey...

I use a traditional parker hale MM1 silencer on my on my hornet. works a treat and wont break the bank at about £25.00 have a word with Chambers GunmakersChambers Gunmakers

Great company to do business with.

The Hornet is a brilliant lamping gun mate... :/

FM.

PS they also do a new carbon fibre model.

My MM1 was £21 inc postage from Blackpool Air rifles and as Fisherman Mike has said they are great value for money.

Lord Geordie

Fisherman Mike

I have also used Chambers in the past. Been very impressed with there service.

I had always heard that the Parker Hales were not much good? Are these new models? Have you compared them to other silencers?

Id considered a Ripley. And how much is one of them going to set me back? Is it light?

Thanks for your help

Fisherman Mike

I have also used Chambers in the past. Been very impressed with there service.

I had always heard that the Parker Hales were not much good? Are these new models? Have you compared them to other silencers?

Id considered a Ripley. And how much is one of them going to set me back? Is it light?

Thanks for your help

The MM1 on my Hornet is as effective as the Logun on my Axor. and better than the Webley model I had before. It seems to be well suited to the Hornet.

FM.