Section 5 guns

Lloyd90

There's no reason you can't humanely dispatch any animal at close range with a shotgun so there's no need to dish out licences for pistols ?

Do you do much stalking? I'd guess not or if you do it must be baited/high seat stuff. If you were yomping all your gear up hill and down dale would you rather be carrying a 1-2lb pistol or a 7-10lb shotgun + ammo on top of your hunting rifle, binos, food, medkit, shooting sticks etc etc?! :hmm::sly:

Do you do much stalking? I'd guess not or if you do it must be baited/high seat stuff. If you were yomping all your gear up hill and down dale would you rather be carrying a 1-2lb pistol or a 7-10lb shotgun + ammo on top of your hunting rifle, binos, food, medkit, shooting sticks etc etc?! :hmm::sly:

Lol I know I can't carry owt else certainly not a shotgun just incase ill stick to my S&W thanks having said that maybe I could do with getting g rid of this gallon of lager im dragging round with me this getting old isn't good

Hi up here in darkest Lancashire its the evidence which the police ask for in respect of good reason in my cassie had to keep a log book for twelve months of each outing and any need for humane dispatch ie wounded deer ect. I know what you are going to say if its not a clean shot dont shoot but it happens unfortunately anyway much hoop jumping later I did obtain a section 5 pistol with a 2 round restriction

I was offered a semi auto .22 by Lancashire Firearms Department for dispatching foxes in cage traps some 18 months ago. I declined the offer and settled for getting my rimfire authorised for "The dispatching of foxes when caught in a cage trap" - I still have this condition on my FAC now for my .22LR)!

I was speaking to the Lancs Firearms office this morning (Over another matter) and mentioned about the .22 semi auto pistol for "dispatching" with and was told that I could possibly be authorised with one as long as I showed "Good Reason"! I suspect that if I did it would have to have a "restricted magazine".

Just as a foot note - I was also informed in the same conversation that someone had phoned asking the Lancashire Firearms Office if they knew that someone was (Possibly illegally) using a .22WMR for shooting foxes with.

They gave the caller the simple reply of - Yes, they were aware of it, the person concerned was authorised to do so on his FAC conditions but they were not prepared to discuss individual cases as all applications are handled on individual merit and subject to good reason!

I was offered a semi auto .22 by Lancashire Firearms Department for dispatching foxes in cage traps some 18 months ago. I declined the offer and settled for getting my rimfire authorised for "The dispatching of foxes when caught in a cage trap" - I still have this condition on my FAC now for my .22LR)!

I was speaking to the Lancs Firearms office this morning (Over another matter) and mentioned about the .22 semi auto pistol for "dispatching" with and was told that I could possibly be authorised with one as long as I showed "Good Reason"! I suspect that if I did it would have to have a "restricted magazine".

Just as a foot note - I was also informed in the same conversation that someone had phoned asking the Lancashire Firearms Office if they knew that someone was (Possibly illegally) using a .22WMR for shooting foxes with.

They gave the caller the simple reply of - Yes, they were aware of it, the person concerned was authorised to do so on his FAC conditions but they were not prepared to discuss individual cases as all applications are handled on individual merit and subject to good reason!

As we all are aware the problem with firearms dept throughout the country is inconsistencies maybe I could now get a semi auto I've not awed since I got mine sorted as for foxing I use a .22 -250. Proper sorts em I can only use my 243 for foxing if im out deerstalking on my restrictions funny old game

Those days are well gone, the only way you,ll get a glock 17 is move to America ;) I used to have a .357 desert eagle along with a host of other pistols and revolvers back in the early 90's but like I said, those days are well gone.

That's one good thing about living here if you are in a club pistols are easy to get. As for glock pistols when i was looking a pistol i had a look at a glock took me 30 seconds to decide it wasn't for me, they are not that popular in clubs. Bought the one below instead.

That's one good thing about living here if you are in a club pistols are easy to get. As for glock pistols when i was looking a pistol i had a look at a glock took me 30 seconds to decide it wasn't for me, they are not that popular in clubs. Bought the one below instead.

i had one of these, CZ75 great pistol. :good:

yes do quite a bit actually and have section 5 pistol but i am saying that to justify having one there must be a need for it. it would be difficult to regulate if conditions were not so strict there are a lot of shooters out there trying to obtain pistols without justification merely for the sake of having one ie club members who have huge arsenals of guns just to shoot at paper ?? where are the police to draw the line?

yes do quite a bit actually and have section 5 pistol but i am saying that to justify having one there must be a need for it. it would be difficult to regulate if conditions were not so strict there are a lot of shooters out there trying to obtain pistols without justification merely for the sake of having one ie club members who have huge arsenals of guns just to shoot at paper ?? where are the police to draw the line?

Thats a different can of worms, and one which usually ends in a locked thread so i'm not going going to open it :oops:

So you think having a gun for target shooting clay pigeons ect is not a good reason for having a firearm. ? Are you sure you are on the right site i am sure their are anti gun forums would like your views.

Hi up here in darkest Lancashire its the evidence which the police ask for in respect of good reason in my cassie had to keep a log book for twelve months of each outing and any need for humane dispatch ie wounded deer ect. I know what you are going to say if its not a clean shot dont shoot but it happens unfortunately anyway much hoop jumping later I did obtain a section 5 pistol with a 2 round restriction

Hi Gerry

Not at all we have all taken shots that have not gone exactly to plan,i have a CZ85 combat 9mm with the mag restricted to two shots for humane despatch but in wiltshire i did not have to jump through any hoops, i asked and i got it and i am a recreational stalker

Geordie

As I said funny old world i've had my pistol a couple of years now and maybe its better now who knows how these things work injustice happy I got mine sorted and if im honest it became one of those bloody minded situations where I just wouldn't give in lol