possible day on drilling

not confirmed yet as need to look for myself but farmer has told me good numbers on will hopefully get to look tomorrow got a guy off site coming to shoot on another drilling (loads on it again today should have good day ) just seeing who would be free thursday . must have own gear ! looking for 1 or 2 guys !

Edited by proTOM1

What a kind gesture, can't believe you haven't had your hands bitten off for this!

Well done ProTom..!!

no mate 1 person has pm me and thats it shame to as there a good few birds there on 2 drillings and some on a maize strip so was planning to bounce them around the farmer is sick of all the ferals too :good:

Many thanks to Tom for a pleasant day out with no hassles or hitches. Just a shame the pigeon hadn't read the script. :lol:

I set up on a field of drilling and had the first customer in (and out) before i had unslipped my gun. After 45 mins i released a livener shot as a few had settled on a hedge 150yards away and were dropping onto the drill there. The wind was a little awkward for my set-up (not to mention flipping freezing) and when i next checked my deeks one of them was walking about. After that i added another two decoying beautifully and was 3 for 4 shots. Then it went quiet for quite some time, when service resumed the pigeon had changed tactics and were popping over the hedge from behind about 10 foot from the hide and exiting much the same the other side of the hide presenting no real opportunity. A few fustration shots found sky all around these birds. One deeked perfectly and was hit hard, then hard again but made good it's escape flying sideways until out of sight. One phone call later i was chatting away when a heap decided to drop in, despite chucking the phone on the floor they departed unsaluted. After quite some time a loner presented perfectly and was missed completely 1st barrel but walloped with the second. Final tally 4 for 12 pokes.

I believe Tom managed to scrape together 21 from his patch.

Once again Tom Thanks for a nice day out, it was good to meet you. :good:

Many thanks to Tom for a pleasant day out with no hassles or hitches. Just a shame the pigeon hadn't read the script. :lol:

I set up on a field of drilling and had the first customer in (and out) before i had unslipped my gun. After 45 mins i released a livener shot as a few had settled on a hedge 150yards away and were dropping onto the drill there. The wind was a little awkward for my set-up (not to mention flipping freezing) and when i next checked my deeks one of them was walking about. After that i added another two decoying beautifully and was 3 for 4 shots. Then it went quiet for quite some time, when service resumed the pigeon had changed tactics and were popping over the hedge from behind about 10 foot from the hide and exiting much the same the other side of the hide presenting no real opportunity. A few fustration shots found sky all around these birds. One deeked perfectly and was hit hard, then hard again but made good it's escape flying sideways until out of sight. One phone call later i was chatting away when a heap decided to drop in, despite chucking the phone on the floor they departed unsaluted. After quite some time a loner presented perfectly and was missed completely 1st barrel but walloped with the second. Final tally 4 for 12 pokes.

Nice one sprinter, still beats a day at the office!

thanks for coming mate shame they did not play ball for you as much as they did me in the end , should of had afew more myself after a good start 6 shot 6 birds it went down hill a bit but in the end bagged 21 11 woodies 10 ferals so not to bad :lol:

thanks again for coming was nice to meet you cheers tom :lol: