Crows and pigeons

shooter2

Yes on occasions.

If there are pleanty of corvids in the vacinity, then it can sometimes pay to drop a couple of darkies on the outkirt of your pattern. You may be able to tempt the odd one or two into range.

I the pigeons desert you, and you have bagged a couple crows, it can prove very effective if you wack them on the rotary.

Paul in North Lincs

Is there a good way of decoying crows ? as there's only a few pigeons in my area as there's not that much in the way of arable crops but some in places and therefore I havent seen many of them. I really really want to build my own hide and set up for the day shooting. My shotgun has only seen a couple of outings this year and I really want to put it to more use. There's plenty crows and and a rookery around my fields. So where can i buy some black deaks, how many and how to set them up? I dont have a magnet and I cant afford it presently.

Many thanks for your wisdom.

gb.

Buy say 9-15 crow deaks (available here ) or any decent gun shop.

Set up horse shoe pattern (as for pigeon) but more random.

As you shoot them remove shot feathers etc off ground as this puts them off.

Peg out dead birds.

Some days they deak easy some days not.

Magnet not essential. Pecker & floater an aid.

We shoot on 600 acres of arable land and get really good shooting by the farmers silage bins as the blighters feed like crazy on it!

Best of luck.

Thanks for that reply staffs very useful indeed. Would it be worth chucking a couple of pigeons into the pattern at the end of the horseshoe?

Found a place that does decoys for cheaper than the other website, what do you think?

Click on Decoys on left-hand side

Cheers,

gb.

Edited by game_boy

Cheers rb but I cant afford to part with amount of cash. I would love to get something like that but I cant. I'm going for the static decoys instead. I've posted the link in my pevious post of a company that does them for a great price. What do you guys think of them??

Cheers,

gb.

I've bought stuff from it before so its reliable plus they do advertise in Sporting Gun. And its in Scotland so I wont get stung on the postage. Just wondering if the decoys looked alright as they seem very reasonably priced. But i should imagine they are. First need to do a reccy on the land before i go and build a hide etc.

How do you reccy crows and such!?

cheers,

gb.