Webley and Scott 912 S

jammie*dodger

http://www.webley.co.uk/webley_scott/index...&Itemid=234

Had a look at one this lunchtime. Like the look of it and it fits well. Salesman was keen on the gun too - £599 including a full set of chokes and a hard case. The few reviews I found were a bit off putting. Does anyone here own one and if so what do they think?

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob, I bought one around september last year. I only had it 3 weeks and in that time i had 5 cartridges jam in the top ejector :hmm: Also one day it rained hard when i was out shooting and after getting home and letting the gun dry out the grain in the stock had lifted and the whole stock felt rough to the touch.

Maybe i had a friday afternoon gun but its put me off webley and scott for life.

Steve

That reinforces what i'd read elsewhere. Thanks for that. Dissapointingly that was what he was keen to show (sell) me and as a result my enquiries about second hand guns was met with a reply that they didn't have much in at the moment. Their web site says differently.

Oh well - guess i'll be going elsewhere to buy.

JD

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have one and am more than happy with it. Put countless cartridges through with no problem at all. With regards to some of the comments passed on this thread..........................

Built to Webley and Scotts spec by none other than "Hatsan" they have a lot of probs.

Just buy a Hatsan better gun and guarantee

Alan

They are not made by Hatsan and that post makes no sense. You critise Hatsan then say buy a Hatsan its a better gun

You DO NOT have to have the gun serviced every year, its every 3 years and that is really no bad thing

The gun is nicely balanced, a nice plain action not covered in crappy engraving like other cheap guns trying to look flash, more than acceptable woodwork, comes with 5 chokes, case and a warranty lasting forever as long as you have it looked at every 3 years. It mat not be a Purdey but it aint a bad deal!!

• 3 months later...

This past week I purchased a 912 W&S 30inch O/U. A few weeks ago I had a chance to test shoot a 912 with a 28inch barel during a lesson at Kelbrook shooting school. I shot well with it, but had problems closing the breach - the lower firing pin protuded ever so slightly on occasion, preventing the gun from closing. I went back a week later and test shot another 912 with a 30 inch barrel putting 25 cartridges through it with no problems. I shot well with the 30inch barrel, and the gun operated flawlessly.

As price was my driving factor, I don't have several thousand pounds to spend on a shooting toy, I decided to take a chance and buy the 912 W&S 30inch barrel model for 675 quid.

The gun feels good on the shoulder - hits the clays, and I hope the pigeons once I am able to get in the field, and so far no malfunctions.

did you buy the sporter version with extended chokes ?

i must admit i was tempted by one when i started. seem very good value for money.

they must be confident with them, i understand you get a lifetime warranty with them.

Yes - the sporter version with (5) extended chokes. I also purchased a kit of five internal chokes for 30 quid. And yes, a lifetime warranty

Edited by ab1964

Wouldn't touch one with a barge pole!

My fathers 912S has been back twice now because it has a nasty habbit of shearing the screw holding the metalwork to the forend! Take the forend off and take a look, there is only 1 screw holding it in place and it's too small. Every other gun i've seen has two.

A lifetime warranty is great, but having the forend come off in your hand while your shooting is downright dangerous!

Just my 2p :D