the fields are calling

jonboy1

<_< . I'm taking a sneaky day off tomorrow cos the farmer on one of my permissions phoned me on monday to say that he will be drilling 4 fields of barley this week and the thought of sitting up in my crane in the smog of london whilst the pigeons are feeding in the glorious countryside is just to much for me to bare. I just hope it's worth it, still, if not, a bad day pigeon shooting appeals more than a good day at work! Has anyone else pulled a 'sicky' to go shooting since the spring drilling has started?

yes mate have taken a sick day from time to time i had a very good boss in one of my jobs and the boss man new what i was up to and he ended up coming out with me some times as he was a very keen pigeon shooter i am not going out till Sunday now its going to lash down tomorrow and sat from what i can make out from the weather report :blink:

Edited by bobby dazzler

If you are getting the same winds we have been coping with all week the last thing you'll want with you is a fishing umbrella (any Mary Poppins gen? :D )

:lol::P mate,this one has storm poles that screw into the ground and can be pegged down all the way round,i think mary poppins' job will be safe :lol::blush::/