Help! Missing more than I am hitting

wrmb

I have been pigeon shooting for about 5 months now (12 months previous on clays). On Saturday I managed to get 9, but frustratingly missed about 25!

I seem to miss the ones that are coming straight at me, descending in to the pattern about 4 – 6 feet from the ground and the ones that slow down over the pattern but not committing to land?

I have set my kill zone area at about 20 - 25 yards from my hide.

Any advice or tips would be most welcome.

Hey, i had the same problem, i find that i was shooting under them or not giving enough lead. when they are coming at you about head high you just need to aim at them and see what they are doing landing or keeping the line, dont pull the trigger as soon as you get your gun up as they move. watch for a second then get lead right the pull trigger and watch the bird hit the floor lol:P But on average a rations 1:4 is good any more is great.

Good luck, hope it helps, your ratio was not that bad lol, i would be well pleased with 9 pigeons to 20 odd shoots :sick:, i dont even see the pigeons i am not very lucky lol :yes:

Thanks for the tips, I have been shooting about a foot below their feet as they came in towards me and a couple of feet in front as they crossed. Will try less lead this Thursday.

And your right about missing is still better than clays! and i have saved £££££££££ should have done is sooner :sick: