Clay Clubs in South Wales

Marcus

Hi All

I am a newbie and just applying for my SGC.

I am intending to just shoot clays in the beginning, I have read a few mags and been on the internet but cant seem to find many Clay clubs in South Wales. I have found one 'Treetops' near Cardiff, I would like to know if there are any clubs closer to Bridgend. I have been told that there is a clay club that shoots in Tondu, but havent found any info on them.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

hello mate, welcome to PW.

heres a few grounds you might like to try out:-

Crynant shooting ground, Portalbot. 01639 881185

dovey valley shooting ground, llanwrin. 01650 511252

woodland park, brecon. 07811 189431

south wales 2000,blackwood. 01495 201182

i shoot at south wales 2000 and treetops.

south wales has everything you could ever need. covering every disciplin and tree tops has an awesome sporting shoot.

Hi mate,

There is a small club calles Nelson Shooting Ground. They are based at the back of Cilfynydd. THis club has been around since the 1950's. I was a member there for 17 years. They are a friendly bunch, and, when I was there about two years ago, there was DTL and OT available. Prices were good too.

Any problems/questions, PM me.

Steve

PS. Welcome to PW <_<

Thanks all for your welcome and replies.

The info was just what I was looking for, so I can do some ground work on clubs etc

Hope to get to know you all a bit better in time, and possibly see some of the South Wales guys at a club in the near future

:hmm: I have been told theres one in cefn cribwr on the b4281 down a lane opposite the farm shop. Clays and airgun ranges on alternate sunday mornings, haven't been myself but might be worth a look.

Thanks - yes that what I have heard, its the Tondu FT Club, their website suggests a clay club shoots there on alternate weekends but cant find any info on the Clay Club itself.

Maybe I will take a trip down on one weekend and ask

Cheers

hello mate, welcome to PW.

heres a few grounds you might like to try out:-

Crynant shooting ground, Portalbot. 01639 881185

dovey valley shooting ground, llanwrin. 01650 511252

woodland park, brecon. 07811 189431

south wales 2000,blackwood. 01495 201182

i shoot at south wales 2000 and treetops.

south wales has everything you could ever need. covering every disciplin and tree tops has an awesome sporting shoot.

I shoot SW2000 a fair bit too.. You ever seen the trapshooter there in the wheelchair?

:hmm: I have been told theres one in cefn cribwr on the b4281 down a lane opposite the farm shop. Clays and airgun ranges on alternate sunday mornings, haven't been myself but might be worth a look.

I have been to this clay ground, they shoot every other sunday. Being a non member for 50 clays and 50 carts its something like £15-16.

Nice bunch of blokes up there, prob about 15-20 mins tops from bridgend :o